"We are experiencing some issues at the moment. Please try again later" (Sky Q)
Check to see if other on demand content or services are affected
Check any other on demand provider to see if you're getting the same message.
If it's only happening on 1 download:
- Delete the download then permanently delete from the deleted tab.
- Download the programmes / movies again.
If you're still getting the message, or if it's happening on all downloads, try restarting your Sky Q box.
Restart your Sky Q box
- Press standby on your Sky Q remote, then switch off or unplug your box at the mains.
- Check there are no lights on the front panel of your Sky Q box and all cables are securely connected.
- Plug in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press Home on your Sky Q remote.
Some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.
If restarting your box doesn't fix the problem, try checking your Sky Q software version.
Check the software version on the Sky Q box
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings followed by System info
- Make a note of the Hardware Version and Software Version
- Go to How to check which Sky box you have and check the Software Version listed in the table matches the Software Version on your Sky Q box
If they match, your box is already on the correct software and doesn't need updating. If they don't match, you'll need to complete a software download:
- Press Home on the Sky Q remote, then select Settings followed by System info
- Select Software version followed by Setup
- Select Software Download to begin downloading the latest software
- You’ll see the message Software update in progress. Don’t switch off the Sky Q box during the download
- When you see the message Software download successful. Your box will complete the installation next time it goes into standby, press standby on the Sky Q remote to turn the box off. The Sky Q box should now restart itself.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear, then press Home on the Sky Q remote.
- Check Settings to make sure the Software Version has successfully updated. If it hasn’t’, repeat the software download process.