Engineer visits and orders during the COVID-19 pandemic
To keep our customers and staff safe, we’re making some changes to our engineer and order processes. Please keep checking back here for the latest updates.
We’re working hard to help you as fast as we can. We know it’s a challenging time for everyone right now. Thank you in advance for showing kindness and consideration to our team as they do their very best to help you. Our engineer visits will continue to go ahead, safely and in-line with the latest national guidance. We’ll let you know if anything changes with your engineer appointment.
- has any of the Covid-19 symptoms
- is self-isolating or has been recently diagnosed with Covid-19
- is waiting for a Covid-19 test result
- has recently returned from a country on the quarantine list
Reschedule your visit if you’re now self-isolating or your circumstances have changed.
- A Sky TV or Sky Broadband engineer – Sign in to Track your order
- An Openreach engineer – Get in touch to reschedule.
Last updated: 29 April 2021
TV or Broadband engineer visits from Sky
We’re now sending engineers to fix TV, broadband and talk problems and to install Sky. But we’re following current government guidance to keep our engineers and you safe.
We need you to do a few things to prepare for our visit in case the engineer needs to enter your home. Key things are:
- You must be able to keep a safe distance of two metres from the engineer at all times. Or where possible, if you can stay in another room.
- If we can’t keep a safe social distance, we won’t be able to complete your visit
- Make sure the engineer has a clear working space, all household items are stored away and any areas the engineer needs to access have been cleaned.
- Where possible, open all doors and windows in the rooms the engineer will need to access.
- If you have pets, make sure they’re kept in a safe place while any doors are open.
- Leave your WiFi password, My Sky username and Viewing Card (if applicable) by your main TV or Sky hub.
Our engineers will wear a mask while in your home to keep you and them safe.
Broadband engineer visits from Openreach
If you’re switching to Sky Broadband or moving home and you have an engineer booked to install your new line, the Openreach engineer will complete a pre-visit consultation. It might be a call or a text before the visit your home to make sure it is safe for the visit to go ahead.
Go to Sky Broadband & Talk new line installs for more info.
Openreach repair visits
Openreach might offer you the opportunity to speak to an engineer remotely before the visit to talk you through any simple troubleshooting that might fix your issue. If they can fix the issue without coming to your home, they’ll cancel the appointment if you agree. If not, the visit will go ahead as planned.
The Openreach engineer will complete a pre-visit consultation call if they need to visit your home, to make sure it is safe for the visit to go ahead. It will cover:
- Making sure there's a clear pathway for the engineer to access the master socket.
- All surfaces are cleaned before the visit.
- Leaving all windows and doors open during the visit, if possible.
- During the visit, asking you to maintain social distancing of two metres or go into another room.
- The engineer will wear a face mask to keep both them and you safe.
Sky Q Mini boxes:
Good news! You can currently order and self-install new Sky Q Mini boxes.
Replacement Sky hubs:
Good news! If you need a new hub, we can send one out to you and you can set it up yourself.