Using Voice Control on your Sky Q box
With Voice Control, you can:
- Search for a specific show, actor, movie or sporting event, e.g. "Game of Thrones."
- Find a movie by using a famous quote from the film. See the PDF for
the complete list. Search for a movie using a famous quote (PDF
- Change channels, e.g. "Go to Sky 1."
- Play recordings, e.g. "Play Toy Story."
- Use commands, e.g. "Play" "Pause" "Skip twenty minutes."
- Launch apps, e.g. "Open Spotify".
- Change accessibility settings, e.g. "Turn on subtitles."
For more examples, check out Sky Community.
To find out more, watch our help video or read the information below.
Before you use Voice Control, make sure your Sky Q touch remote/Sky Q remote with Voice Control is paired and your Sky Q box is connected to the internet.
Haven’t got a Voice Control remote? Visit our Accessories store to purchase one.
When you’re ready:
- Hold the Sky remote in front of you.
- Press and hold the voice button as you speak clearly into the microphone (located just below the sky button) on your Sky remote.
- Release the voice button when you’ve finished speaking. Your Sky Q box will then process your request.
Do you still need help with voice control?