Using Voice Control on your Sky Q box
With Voice Control, you can:
- Search for a specific show, actor, movie or sporting event, e.g. "Game of Thrones."
- Find a movie by using a famous quote from the film. See the PDF for
the complete list. Search for a movie using a famous quote (PDF
- Change channels, e.g. "Go to Sky 1."
- Play recordings, e.g. "Play Toy Story."
- Use commands, e.g. "Play" "Pause" "Skip twenty minutes."
- Launch apps, e.g. "Open Spotify".
- Change accessibility settings, e.g. "Turn on subtitles."
For more examples, check out Sky Community.
To find out more, watch our help video or read the information below.
Before you use Voice Control, make sure your Sky Q touch remote/Sky Q remote with Voice Control is paired and your Sky Q box is connected to the internet.
Haven’t got a Voice Control remote? Visit our Accessories store to purchase one.
When you’re ready:
- Hold the Sky remote in front of you.
- Press and hold the voice button as you speak clearly into the microphone (located just below the sky button) on your Sky remote.
- Release the voice button when you’ve finished speaking. Your Sky Q box will then process your request.
You'll see your search query on screen as seen below and then you'll see the search results. If you have any issues, follow the on screen instructions or press help (?) on your remote for more info.
Check the Sky Q remote
If Voice Control isn't working, check your Sky Q remote for problems:
- Remove the battery cover off the body of the Sky Q remote.
- Take out the batteries and insert them again, matching the + and - signs.
- Once the batteries are in place, replace the cover by aligning the catch with the remote body and sliding forward, so it clicks back into place.
Press help (?) on your remote to check it has battery power:
- If the LED light at the top of the remote flashes , then press and hold the Voice Control button. If you don't see the search screen then replace the batteries, and press the Voice Control button once more.
- If the LED light at the top of the remote doesn't flash , then check the batteries are in correctly. If they are, replace them with new batteries. Press and hold the Voice Control button, if you don't see the search screen then pair the remote.
Pair the remote
Only 1 Bluetooth remote can be paired to a Sky Q box at any time.
Press and hold 1 and 3 together on your remote to begin the connection process. Once complete, press and hold the Voice Control button, to confirm that Voice Control is now working.