Using Voice and Text Control on your Sky Q and mini boxes
With Voice Control, you can:
- Launch apps, e.g. "Netflix" or "YouTube".
- Change channels, e.g. "Sky Atlantic" or "ITV".
- Play recordings, e.g. "Play Top Gun."
- Use commands, e.g. "Play" "Pause" "Skip four minutes."
- Change accessibility settings, e.g. "Subtitles on."
- Search for a specific show, actor, movie or sporting event, e.g. "House of the Dragon" or "Spider-Man".
- Find a movie by using a famous quote from the film. See the PDF for the complete list. Search for a movie using a famous quote
For more examples, check out Sky Community.
Before you use Voice Control, make sure your Sky Q touch remote/Sky Q remote with Voice Control is paired and your Sky Q box is connected to the internet.
When you’re ready:
- Press and hold the voice button as you speak clearly into the microphone (located just below the sky button) on your Sky remote.
- Release the voice button when you’ve finished speaking. Your Sky Q box will then process your request and you will see your voice command displayed on the TV screen.
If you have any issues, follow the on screen instructions or press help (?) on your remote for more info.
Voice control not working?
If Voice Control isn't working, check your Sky Q remote for problems:
- Remove the battery cover off the body of the Sky Q remote.
- Take out the batteries and insert them again, matching the + and - signs.
- Once the batteries are in place, replace the cover by aligning the catch with the remote body and sliding forward, so it clicks back into place.
Press help (?) on your remote to check it has battery power:
- If the LED light at the top of the remote flashes , then press and hold the Voice Control button. If you don't see the search screen then replace the batteries, and press the Voice Control button once more.
- If the LED light at the top of the remote doesn't flash , then check the batteries are in correctly. If they are, replace them with new batteries. Press and hold the Voice Control button, if you don't see the search screen then pair the remote.
Pair the remote
Only 1 Bluetooth remote can be paired to a Sky Q box at any time.
Press and hold 1 and 3 together on your remote to begin the connection process. Once complete, press and hold the Voice Control button, to confirm that Voice Control is now working.
Using text search on Sky Q
Press Search on your Sky Q remote and enter what you're looking for. You can use either the ribbon or the number keys to type in letters.
Use the ribbon to scroll through letters or use the number keys on your Sky Q remote to type in the letters.
Move left to delete the last letter. The space bar is located above A in the ribbon, or you can press 0 on the Sky Q remote. You don't need to enter any punctuation.
Move right to browse and select results from the list.
Pressing Search again will bring up the results of your last search, simple press Search again to clear the results.