Using text search and voice control on your Sky Q box
Using Voice Control on Sky Q
With Voice Control, you can:
- Search for a specific show, actor, movie or sporting event, e.g. "Game of Thrones."
- Find a movie by using a famous quote from the film. See the PDF for
the complete list. Search for a movie using a famous quote (PDF
- Change channels, e.g. "Go to Sky 1."
- Play recordings, e.g. "Play Toy Story."
- Use commands, e.g. "Play" "Pause" "Skip twenty minutes."
- Launch apps, e.g. "Open Spotify".
- Change accessibility settings, e.g. "Turn on subtitles."
- Change from app to app, e.g while in Netflix "YouTube."
- Start a recording while watching a live TV channel, e.g "record."
For more examples, check out our list of voice commands
To find out more, watch our help video or read the information below.
Before you use Voice Control, make sure your Sky Q touch remote/Sky Q remote with Voice Control is paired and your Sky Q box is connected to the internet.
Haven’t got a Voice Control remote? Visit our Accessories store to purchase one.
When you’re ready:
- Hold the Sky remote in front of you.
- Press and hold the voice button as you speak clearly into the microphone (located just below the sky button) on your Sky remote.
- Release the voice button when you’ve finished speaking. Your Sky Q box will then process your request.
You'll see your search query on screen and then you'll see the search results. If you have any issues, follow the on screen instructions or press help (?) on your remote for more info.
Voice control not working? Check our Sky Q remotes guide for more help.
Using text search on Sky Q
Press Search on your Sky Q remote and enter what you're looking for. You can use either the ribbon or the number keys to type in letters.
Use the ribbon to scroll through letters or use the number keys on your Sky Q remote to type in the letters.
Move left to delete the last letter. The space bar is located above A in the ribbon, or you can press 0 on the Sky Q remote. You don't need to enter any punctuation.
Move right to browse and select results from the list.
Pressing Search again will bring up the results of your last search, simple press Search again to clear the results.