- If you’re not eligible to buy a Sky Mobile phone with a credit agreement, Sky credit builder may help.
- Sky credit builder lets you build up a payment history with Sky Mobile over six months, and this is taken into consideration if you re-apply to buy a phone with a credit agreement.
- This is available if you’ve got a SIM only plan and applies to monthly payments made after the 15 May 2017.
How it works
- To build up your payment history with Sky Mobile, you need to buy a SIM only plan and pay your monthly payments, on time, in full for a minimum of six consecutive months.
- After the six months, you can re-apply to buy selected phones with a credit agreement. For the list of available phones, see ‘Which phone can I get?’ below.
- We’ll carry out our usual credit, fraud and identity checks but we’ll also take your credit builder payment history into consideration.
- Please note: We can’t guarantee that you’ll be accepted to buy a phone with a credit agreement based on your credit builder payment history, but it should help.
- Which phone can I get?
The current range of phones available on Sky credit builder are the iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and Galaxy J5 2017 and the Sony Xperia XA1 and Xperia L1. This range is subject to change in the future. Other phone models will be subject to our usual credit, fraud and identity checks.
- Could my credit agreement application get declined after the six months?
We can’t guarantee your future application to buy a Sky Mobile phone with a credit agreement will be accepted.
Although you might have built up a good payment history with Sky credit builder, we might still be unable to offer you a credit agreement for a number of different reasons. To find out more, see our Credit checks article.
- Will this help my credit score or other credit applications?
No, this is an opportunity to build your payment history with Sky Mobile and not with any other providers.
For more information about improving your credit score, see our Credit checks article.
- How many phones can I get?
If you’ve multiple SIM only plans on your account, you’ll be able to apply for one phone per plan (see ‘Which phone can I get?’ above).