Ultra HD only available to customers with a (i) Sky Q 2TB box or Sky Q 1TB UHD box; and (ii) Sky Q experience/Multiroom (£13pm/€17.50pm). Ultra HD content depends on Sky TV subscription. UHD TV required. Not available on Sky Q Mini boxes or Sky Q 1TB box. Sky Sports and Sky Cinema required to watch sports and movies in Ultra HD. Separate HD subscription required to watch non-free to air and non-inclusive HD channels.
Setting up Ultra HD
To watch in Ultra HD, you’ll need:
- A Sky Q 2TB box or a Sky Q 1TB UHD box. Not sure if your box supports Ultra HD? Check which box you have here.
- Sky Q experience or Multiroom
- To watch sports, movies or Box Sets in Ultra HD you’ll also need the Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Sky Box Sets subscriptions.
- The HDMI 2.0 cable provided by the engineer during your Sky Q installation. It has a pink connector featuring the Sky logo on both sides and ‘High Speed HDMI’ printed on the black cable.
- An Ultra HD TV that can display a picture resolution of 3840x2160 pixels at 50 frames per second and has an input that supports HDCP 2.2.
To change your picture resolution to Ultra HD:
- Press Home on your Sky remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Setup, then Audio visual.
- Choose 2160p (UHD).
- When prompted to select 8-bit, 10-bit or Find it for me, select Find it for me to find the right setting for your TV.
If your TV doesn’t support the picture resolution, the screen will go blank for 10 seconds then revert to a supported resolution.
If you're seeing a plain coloured screen and can’t access the Sky Q menus, press Home on your Sky Q remote then enter 1080 and press Home again to reset your picture resolution.
Setup error messages
If you see an error message when trying to set up Ultra HD, go back and make sure you have the right equipment and setup for Ultra HD.
If your setup is still not working, you may need to speak to the manufacturer of your Ultra HD TV for advice on settings and software updates specific to your TV.
If your problem isn’t sorted, you can check out our related help or get in touch with us.