Roaming Passport lets you use data, calls and texts as you would at home.
European roaming destinations
To check where you can use your phone, see our list of European roaming destinations PDF (83KB).
It works like it does at home, so any data you use will come out of your UK data plan like normal and it won't cost you anything extra.
If you run out of data while you're away, you can still:
Calls and texts
Any calls and texts will come out of your UK plan. If you have:
Unlimited Calls and Texts - standard calls or texts to the UK or other European destinations, including voicemail are inclusive (e.g. calls to the UK while you're in France or calls to Spain while you're in France).
Pay As You Use - you'll be charged at the same rate (standard call and text rates) as you do in the UK to make and send calls and texts to the UK or other European destinations. For a full list of charges, see the Sky Mobile Tariff Guide.
International Saver - discounted standard calls and texts rates apply when calling or texting 60 worldwide destinations.
Other calls and text services
- Calls and texts to the rest of the world from Europe (EU / EEA) destinations will be charged at the international roaming rate (e.g. calls to USA while you're in France).
- Receiving calls - It doesn’t cost anything extra to receive calls or texts while you’re abroad.
- Picture messages - can only be sent to UK mobile numbers and cost the same as if you were sending them from the UK.
- Voicemail - standard UK call rates apply if you’re on Pay As You Use.
- Emergency services - Calls to the emergency services are free.
Top tip: Before making a call to the UK, check the number you’re dialling starts with 0044 or +44 (not 0046 or +46). If it doesn’t, replace the first ‘0’ with the international dialling code 0044 or +44, otherwise watch out for international call charges.
Calls from the UK to international destinations
Remember, while you're in the UK, any calls and texts to destinations outside the UK (including Europe, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) will be charged at the international charges rate, as they’re not roaming calls or texts. E.g. calls to France while you're in the UK.
Before you travel / while you're abroad
For tips of what to do before you travel or if you’re having trouble while you’re away, check our Roaming article.
Before you travel, check what's not included in your plan.