- Roaming is automatically enabled for Sky Mobile customers so you can use your data, calls and texts while you're abroad.
- With Sky's Roaming Passport, you can roam in more than 30 EU and EEA destinations at no extra cost. Find out more about Roaming Passport.
- Each SIM on your account has a data roaming spend cap of £45 per month, so you'll never spend more on data than you want to when you roam outside of the EU.
- For roaming charges by country see our Sky Mobile Tariff Guide.
Useful info & tips
Using voicemail abroad
- Set up: You’ll need to set up a PIN in the UK before travelling abroad. To do this, call your voicemail (dial 759) and follow the simple instructions.
- Access voicemail abroad: Dial +44 7488 222 000 (roaming call charges to UK landlines apply when calling from non-EU destinations).
To turn roaming off
- To turn off data roaming temporarily, go to phone support and search for ‘Switch off international data roaming’.
- To turn off roaming so you can’t use data, calls and texts while abroad (outside of the EU) please contact us.
Contacting Sky from abroad
- Call +44 131 278 3778
Calls to Sky contact centres on 0044 131 278 3778 are free for Sky Mobile customers calling from abroad.
If you’re not with Sky Mobile charges may apply for calls to 01 numbers. Check your provider’s tariff guide.
- Mobile phone signals can sometimes be picked up across country borders.
- If your phone picks up the signal of a different provider when you’re near a border, then you may be charged roaming rates.
- To help avoid this, check the name of the network provider on your phone before using it and turn off data roaming in your phone’s settings.
Having problems connecting to a network when roaming
- There may be some rare occasions where our services won’t work for you whilst you’re abroad; to check your current service availability in a particular destination before you travel please contact us.
- Alternatively, the settings might be incorrect on your phone – search ‘setting up your APN whilst roaming’ in our phones support.
Other popular articles
Find more of our most popular articles to help you set up and manage your Sky Mobile in the My Sky app. Download it free, today*.
*Compatible device and 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi required (charges may apply). App features and functions vary by platform/device. See iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.