How to cancel your subscription
Cancelling my Sky services
To cancel your Sky subscription, contact us by:
- Chat online.
- Call us on: 03300 413 018*
It’s really important you don’t cancel your Direct Debit or any other ongoing payment arrangement with us as further payments may still be due.
If you call us/chat online, your request will be processed immediately and your notice period will start. Alternatively, you can write to us at Sky Subscriber Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, EH54 7DD or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware, we won’t be able to cancel your Sky services unless we’re able to verify you as the authorised account holder so we may need to call you back in order to process your request, but don’t worry, your notice period will be effective from the date we receive your letter or email.
When emailing or writing to us, please ensure you include your customer name, your address, your postcode and your telephone number to help us find your account. Please note, we will endeavour to reply within five days from receipt of your email or letter.
Switching my phone and broadband provider
- If you would like to view options online before you switch, check here.
- If you’re switching to a provider other than Virgin Media’s cable service, you can place your order without contacting Sky.
- Otherwise, contact us if you’re switching to Virgin Media’s cable service or exercising a right to leave that we’ve told you about. If you’re able to confirm your Virgin activation date with us, we can arrange for your Sky services to be cancelled as close to that date as possible.
Switching my mobile provider
- To cancel your plan please contact us.
- What is my cancellation period?
Your cancellation period depends on the service. For example, a minimum 31 days’ notice is required to cancel Sky TV and a minimum 14 days for Sky Talk and Broadband.
- How does my final bill work?
Sky payments are taken a month in advance so you may still be billed for the full month ahead after your service has been cancelled.
But don’t worry, once your service has ended, any credit on your Sky account will be returned to your bank account after 45 days.
- Charges for ending your Sky contract early
If you stop receiving or, where you’re permitted to, cancel a Sky service before the end of your contract (minimum term) you may have to pay an early termination charges(s).
We’ll contact you to let you know if you’ll have to pay any charges and how much they’ll be.
For more details, see our Charges for ending your Sky contract early help guide.
- What happens to my Sky Q equipment?
When your Sky Q subscription ends, you’ll need to return your Sky Q equipment to us.
- What if I want to stay with Sky?
If you’re within your cancellation period and want to stay with Sky, you can do this via your Sky remote, provided your Sky box is connected to the internet.
- Press interactive on your Sky remote.
- Scroll to My Account and follow the on-screen instructions.
*Calls to Sky contact centres are inclusive for Sky Mobile and Sky Talk customers. If you're not with Sky Mobile or Sky Talk, calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and are included in your calls package. If you don't have a calls package, charges may apply, check your provider's tariff guide.