How to cancel your subscription
Cancelling my Sky services
To cancel your Sky subscription, contact us by:
- Live Chat online.
- Call us on: 03300 413 018*
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Sky Subscribers Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD
When emailing or writing, include name, address, postcode and telephone number. Your notice period will be effective from the date we receive your email or letter. It can take up to five days to receive a reply from us and we may call you back to confirm your details as we won't be able to cancel your services unless we can verify your account information
Switching my phone and broadband provider
- If you would like to view options online before you switch, check here.
- If you’re switching to a provider other than Virgin Media’s cable service, you can place your order without contacting Sky.
- Otherwise, contact us if you’re switching to Virgin Media’s cable service or exercising a right to leave that we’ve told you about, so we can ensure you avoid any early termination charges.
Switching my mobile provider
- To cancel your plan please contact us.
- What is my cancellation period?
Your cancellation period depends on the service. For example, a minimum 31 days’ notice is required to cancel Sky TV and a minimum 14 days for Sky Talk and Broadband.
- How does my final bill work?
Sky payments are taken a month in advance so you may still be billed for the full month ahead after your service has been cancelled.
But don’t worry, once your service has ended, any credit on your Sky account will be returned to your bank account after 45 days.
- Charges for ending your Sky contract early
What are early termination charges?
When you agree to sign up to Sky’s products, services or certain offers, a minimum contract period applies (also known as a minimum term), usually 12 months or 18 months unless otherwise stated.
If you cancel your services within this time period, you may have to pay an early termination charge. We'll contact you to let you know if these charges are due and how much they are.
When do I have to pay early termination charges?
For Broadband, Talk and/or Line Rental: Early termination charges apply if your subscription ends within the minimum term, for reasons other than those permitted under your contract (refer to your contract for more details).
For Sky TV, HD, Sky+, Sky Multiscreen and Sky Q Multiscreen: To end your contract you’ll need to give us 31 days’ notice which cannot end before your minimum term finishes. Early termination charges are payable if we end the TV contract in your minimum term because you’ve breached your terms and conditions.
In all cases, if you end your service after the minimum term, no early termination charges are payable.
What will I be charged?
The amount you're charged depends on:
- How much of your minimum term is left to run;
- The period you’ve already been billed for; and
- The products you subscribe to.
The table below shows how much you’re charged for each month remaining based on the products that you take from us.
Please note: the amount you’re charged may not be an exact multiple of the monthly charges listed in the table.
So for example, if you’re a Sky Broadband Unlimited customer paying £10 per month, on a 12 month minimum term that commences on the 1 August 2016 and you decide to end your subscription on 15 April 2017, you’d have to pay £47.25:
- Broadband Unlimited - £7.24 x 3 (for May, June and July) + ((£7.24 / 30) x 15) (for 16 - 30 April) = £25.34 (£25.50 rounded up to nearest 25p)
- Line Rental - £6.18 x 3 (for May, June and July) + ((£6.18 / 30) x 15) (for 16 - 30 April) = £21.63 (£21.75 rounded up to nearest 25p)
£25.50 + £21.75 = £47.25
*For Broadband and Talk products, the final Early Termination Value is rounded up to the nearest 25p.
The early termination charge will not be more than the charges you’d have paid for your products for the remainder of the minimum term less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the relevant products.
- How much of your minimum term is left to run;
- What happens to my Sky Q equipment?
When your Sky Q subscription ends, you’ll need to return your Sky Q equipment to us.
- What if I want to stay with Sky?
If you’re within your cancellation period and want to stay with Sky, you can do this via your Sky remote, provided your Sky box is connected to the internet.
- Press interactive on your Sky remote.
- Scroll to My Account and follow the on-screen instructions.
*Calls to Sky contact centres are inclusive for Sky Mobile and Sky Talk customers. If you're not with Sky Mobile or Sky Talk, calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and are included in your calls package. If you don't have a calls package, charges may apply, check your providers tariff guide.