What to do if you receive nuisance calls or texts:
- Register your phone number with the Telephone Preference Service (you can also text to register for free by simply texting ‘TPS’ followed by your email address to 85095).
- Report nuisance messages to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Useful info & tips
- If you receive unsolicited calls, don’t follow any menu options or make any number selections during the call - just hang up.
- If you’ve received messages and you’re unsure who they’re from or haven’t agreed to receive the message, ignore them and don’t reply.
- Any legitimate marketing text messages from short codes will have a reply STOP option.