Mobile data and picture message settings
If you're having problems with mobile data or picture messages, try updating your device’s APN settings. These are the mobile network details used to connect your device to the internet.
- Go to Manage and sign in with your Sky iD.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Scroll to 'APN Settings' and select Request settings.
You'll then receive a notification on your device with instructions on what to do next. This may take up to 5 minutes to come through.
If you have an Android device you may be asked for a PIN, the default PIN is 1111.
Still having problems?
If you don't receive a notification or you're still having problems, try updating your APN settings manually:
- Go to device support.
- Select your device make and model, and search ‘APN’.
- Select ‘Check internet settings (APN and browser)’ and follow the instructions.
If you've tried the steps above and you're still having problems with:
- Mobile data – go to device support, search ‘network connection’ and select ‘Change the network connection mode’. You’ll need a 3G or 4G (sometimes called LTE) compatible device to access mobile data.
- Picture messages (MMS) – we’re aware some customers may not be able to send or receive picture messages (MMS). This is under investigation and we’re working to get this fixed as soon as we can.
Did you find this helpful?