Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings followed by System info.
Make a note of the Hardware Version and Software Version.
Go to How to check which Sky box you have and check the Software Version listed in the table matches the Software Version on your Sky Q box.
If they match, your box is already on the correct software and doesn't need updating. If they don't match, you'll need to complete a software download.
If you need to update the software on a Sky Q Mini box, make sure there are no connectivity issues first.
Complete a software download:
- Press Home on the Sky Q remote, then select Settings followed by System info.
- Select Software version followed by Setup.
- Select Software Download to begin downloading the latest software.
- You’ll see the message Software update in progress. Don’t switch off the Sky Q box during the download.
- When the download has completed, the message Software download successful will be displayed. Your box will complete the installation next time it goes into standby.
- Press standby on the Sky Q remote to turn the box off. The Sky Q box should now restart itself.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear, then press Home on the Sky Q remote.
- Check Settings to make sure the Software Version has successfully updated. If it hasn’t, repeat the software download process.