How to switch on Audio Description
To turn AD on, use your Sky remote.
Select the relevant instructions from the options below:
Once you’ve turned on AD on Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky+, it’ll continue to be switched on for any shows or channels that has it available, until you turn it off.
Got a Sky remote with Voice Control? Press and hold the voice button (which can be found either on the side or front of your Sky remote) and say “Audio Description on” into the microphone.
Turning on audio description in TV apps on Sky Q, Sky Glass or Sky Stream
Audio Description is not available on these TV apps:
- YouTube & YouTube Kids
Turning on AD on Sky Go
AD is currently only available on some recordings in the Sky Go iOS app for our Sky Q customers.
To watch a recording with AD in the Sky Go app (iOS only):
- Make sure audio description is enabled on your Sky Q box
- Open Settings on your Apple device
- On iOS 12 or older, select General then Accessibility. On iOS 13 or newer, select Accessibility from the main Settings screen
- Select Audio Description and switch the option On
- Record the AD programme on your Sky Q box
- Open Sky Go and select the Recordings tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select and play the recorded programme
Good to know: You won't be able to watch all your recordings, downloads or live TV on Sky Go because of the agreements we have for certain shows and broadcasters.
Audio Description is not currently available:
- For On Demand or Sky Store content.
- In the Sky Go app, except on recordings on iOS devices. See above for more help.
- In the Sky Kids app.