- To purchase a phone from Sky you can either buy the phone outright or sign up to a credit agreement.
Buying a phone with a credit agreement
- A credit agreement is a type of loan which allows you to spread out the total cost of a new phone over several months. This is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- With Sky Mobile, you’ll be able to spread the cost of paying for your phone over either 24 months (Swap12) or 30 months (Swap24).
- The credit agreement we offer is 0% interest.
Credit, fraud and identity checks
- As part of your Sky Mobile order, we use information from a combination of sources to help run credit, fraud and identity checks. We have an obligation as a responsible lender to make sure we offer credit agreements appropriately and these checks help us do that. We will always ask for your permission before we perform these checks. Without it we won’t be able to proceed.
- Sky Mobile leaves a standard search record on your credit file that only you can see. This does not affect your credit score and cannot be seen by other lenders.
- When you take a credit agreement with Sky Mobile other lenders may also see that a Telecommunications company has performed a credit search. Other lenders may take this into account when making their own decisions about offering credit.
- If you’d like to learn more about your credit score, please speak with a Credit Reference Agency. A list, along with more information, can be found at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
- Please note Equifax is Sky’s chosen Credit Reference Agency.
Not eligible for a credit agreement?
- You could be declined a credit agreement for a number of different reasons. Whilst we're unable to give you the exact reason why your application for a Sky Mobile credit agreement was declined, if you’re concerned, speaking with a Credit Reference Agency may help. Equifax are Sky’s chosen Credit Reference Agency.
- Sky credit builder may help. Sky credit builder lets you build up a payment history with Sky Mobile over six months, and this is taken into consideration if you re-apply to buy a phone with a credit agreement. To find out more, see our Sky credit builder guide.
Your credit report
- If you need more information, please get in touch with Equifax, our chosen Credit Reference Agency. Equifax can provide you with your statutory credit report, for £2.
Equifax contact information:
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 10036
Tel: 0333 321 4043 (standard call charges apply)
- There are other Credit Reference Agencies who you can speak to about your credit score. A list along with more information, can be found at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.