- Unless you’ve paid for your phone in full, you’ll need to sign your credit agreement online before we can confirm your order. If you haven’t already, follow the link in the email we sent you or view and sign it in My Sky.
- A credit agreement is a type of loan which allows you to spread out the total cost of a new phone over several months. This means we can lend you the money for the phone and give it to you now. You can then repay the loan in monthly instalments. The credit agreement we offer is 0% interest.
- We offer two ways of buying a phone with a credit agreement.
Swap12 is a 24 month contract, with the option to Swap your phone for a new model every year.
Swap24 is a 30 month contract, offering our lowest monthly price and the option to Swap after two years.
- This is a separate contract to your monthly plan for data, calls and texts and each contract may have different start and end dates.
- The Key Information about your Credit Agreement – a summary of important information including your rights, and details on missed repayments.
- Pre-Contract Credit Information (The Standard European Consumer Credit Information or SECCI) – a pre-contract summary of credit information and your rights.
- Credit Agreement (Fixed Sum Loan Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974) – this is the loan agreement, which you’ll need to sign.
Bills and payments
- Your monthly phone payments are treated separately from your monthly data, calls and texts plan payments and are shown as separate items on your bill. However, both phone and plan payments will be taken from your account on the same payment due date each month.
- Your monthly payment due date will be 3 days after you’ve activated your SIM. If you’re paying by Direct Debit, your first bill collection could be delayed by up to 10 days.
- If you already have an active Sky Mobile SIM, your payment due date won’t change and your first monthly phone payment will be collected on that day too.
- If you haven’t activated your SIM 10 days after your phone was delivered, the bill for your first monthly phone payment will be automatically generated and payment will be due 3 days later (a total of 13 days after your phone was delivered). Please note: If you don’t activate your SIM within 31 days it will expire and we may ask you to immediately repay the full amount of your credit agreement.
- To pay off your credit agreement early, you can make additional payments. Any additional payments you make will go towards paying off your final monthly instalments (not necessarily your next month’s instalment). To make an additional payment you’ll need to contact us.
- If you want to cancel your credit agreement but keep your phone, you’ll need to pay off your remaining credit agreement balance in full.
Useful info & tips
- To view or download a PDF copy of your signed credit agreement, go to the Message Centre in My Sky.
View your credit agreement >
- When you apply for a credit agreement with Sky, with your consent, we’ll run pre-sales credit checks to see if you’re eligible to buy a phone from us with a loan.
- You need to sign the credit agreement within 14 days of ordering your phone. If you don't sign by this date, your order will be cancelled and you'll need to place a new order if you still want to buy a phone from us.
- If you change your mind about your new phone, just let us know within 31 days of it being delivered. Then, you must return your phone in its original condition, within 14 days for a full refund of any payments you’ve made. If you don’t return it within this time, your refund will be cancelled and your credit agreement and monthly phone payments will continue.
- If you want to cancel your credit agreement but keep your phone, you’ll need to pay your remaining credit agreement balance in full. To do this, please contact us.
- If you have further questions about your credit agreement, please contact us.
Other popular articles
- Here's the legal bit
Subject to status and credit check. 24 month interest free loan required for cost of each new Swap12 phone. 30 month interest free loan required for Swap24. Data Plan required for duration of Swap plan subject to 12 month minimum term. Swap after 12 months on Swap12; after 24 months on Swap24. Sky will buy the old Sky phone and credit your loan account with proceeds. Loan must be paid in full to Swap. Phone condition criteria and market value adjustment may apply. Direct Debit required. Model subject to availability. 18+. Terms apply. See sky.com/swaphelp for details.