Subject to status and credit check. 24 month interest free loan required for cost of each new Swap12 phone. 30 month interest free loan required for Swap24 (phones). 36 month interest free loan required for Swap24 (tablets). 48 month interest free loan required for Swap36. Data Plan required for duration of Swap plan subject to 12 month minimum term. Swap after 12 months on Swap12; after 24 months on Swap24; after 36 months on Swap36. Sky will buy the old Sky device and credit your loan account with proceeds. Loan (if taken) must be paid in full to Swap. Device condition criteria and market value adjustment may apply. Direct Debit required. 18+. Terms apply. See sky.com/swaphelp for details.
Credit agreement - Sky Mobile
- Unless you’ve paid for your phone or tablet in full, you’ll need to sign your credit agreement online and confirm you can afford the monthly loan repayments, before we can confirm your order. If you haven’t already, follow the link in the email we sent you or view and sign it in My Account.
What is a credit agreement?
- A credit agreement is a type of loan which allows you to spread out the total cost of a new phone or tablet over several months. This means we can lend you the money for the phone or tablet and give it to you now. You can then repay the loan in monthly instalments. The credit agreement we offer is 0% interest.
Buying a device with a credit agreement
Buying a phone
We offer two ways of buying a phone with a credit agreement:
- Swap12 - you'll be able to spread the cost of paying for your phone over a 24 month contract, with the option to Swap your phone for a new model every year.
- Swap24 - you'll be able to spread the cost of paying for your phone over a 30 month contract, offering our lowest monthly price and the option to Swap after two years.
Buying a tablet
We offer two ways of buying a tablet with a credit agreement:
- Swap24 (tablet) - you'll be able to spread the cost of paying for your tablet over a 36 month contract, with the option to Swap your device for a new model every two years.
- Swap36 - you'll be able to spread the cost of paying for your tablet over a 48 month contract, offering our lowest monthly price and the option to Swap after three years.
Please note: Your credit agreement is a separate contract to your monthly plan for data, calls and texts and each contract may have different start and end dates.
To help you understand what you’re agreeing to for your device, the information is contained in three documents:
- The Key Information about your Credit Agreement – a summary of important information including your rights, and details on missed repayments.
- Pre-Contract Credit Information (The Standard European Consumer Credit Information or SECCI) – a pre-contract summary of credit information and your rights.
- Credit Agreement (Fixed Sum Loan Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974) – this is the loan agreement, which you’ll need to sign.
Signing your credit agreement
You need to sign the credit agreement within 14 days of ordering your device. If you don't sign by this date, your order will be cancelled and you'll need to place a new order if you still want to buy a device from us.
You’ll also be asked to confirm that you can afford the monthly loan repayments for the full duration of your credit agreement. If you can’t, we’ll cancel your order so that you can choose a different device or plan that better suits your budget. Any upfront payments will be refunded to your original payment method within 14 days (if applicable).
- When you apply for a credit agreement with Sky, with your consent, we’ll run pre-sales credit checks to see if you’re eligible to buy a phone or tablet from us with a loan.
View your credit agreement
- To view or download a PDF copy of your signed credit agreement, go to the Message Centre in My Account and sign in with your Sky iD. Select Inbox 'View all' and find Your credit agreement.
Bills and payments
Your monthly phone/tablet payments are treated separately from your monthly data, calls and texts plan payments and are shown as separate items on your bill. However, both phone/tablet and plan payments will be taken from your account on the same payment due date each month.
Your monthly payment due date will be 3 days after you’ve activated your SIM. If you’re paying by Direct Debit, your first bill collection could be delayed by up to 10 days.
If you already have an active Sky Mobile SIM, your payment due date won’t change and your first monthly phone/tablet payment will be collected on that day too.
Please note: If you haven’t activated your SIM 10 days after your phone/tablet was delivered, the bill for your first monthly phone or tablet payment will be automatically generated and payment will be due 3 days later (a total of 13 days after your device was delivered). If you don’t activate your SIM within 31 days it will expire and we may ask you to immediately repay the full amount of your credit agreement.
To pay off your credit agreement early, you can make additional payments. Any additional payments you make will go towards paying off your final monthly instalments (not necessarily your next month’s instalment). To make an additional payment you’ll need to contact us.
Changed your mind?
- If you change your mind about your new device, just let us know within 31 days of it being delivered. Then, you must return your device in its original condition, within 14 days for a full refund of any payments you’ve made. If you don’t return it within this time, your refund will be cancelled and your credit agreement and monthly phone/tablet payments will continue.
- If you want to cancel your credit agreement but keep your device, you’ll need to pay your remaining credit agreement balance in full. To do this, please contact us.
Do you need more information about the credit agreement?