Sky Broadband Boost
Add this to your Sky Broadband Superfast, Superfast 35, Ultrafast, Ultrafast Plus or Gigafast package to give it a boost.
Give your Sky Broadband a boost and when your broadband has been activated, you’ll get these extra features:
- Get engineer visits at a time that suits you, even evening and weekends, at no extra cost.
- A reliable connection is important, so we’ll run daily checks on your line. If it’s not up to scratch, we’ll text you to let you know we’re fixing it fast.
- Got Sky Mobile? If your broadband drops out, we’ll put 2GB in your Sky Mobile Piggybank.
And if you took Sky Broadband Boost after 4th of September 2019:
- From the bedroom to the kitchen, we guarantee WiFi in every room of your home, or we will give you money back.
How to get Sky Broadband Boost
Already have Sky Broadband Superfast, Superfast 35, Ultrafast, Ultrafast Plus or Gigafast? Get in touch to get Sky Broadband Boost. If not, upgrade your package and add Sky Broadband Boost.
Like your broadband package, it comes with an 18-month contract.
Find out more about the features:
WiFi in every room or your money back
We’ll guarantee you can get at least 3Mbps WiFi in every room or we’ll give you your money back on your Sky Broadband Boost subscription.
You’ll get our new Sky Broadband Hub (unless you already have one). Then if you’re not getting 3Mbps WiFi in every room, we’ll check the setup in your home to find the best way to fix your WiFi issue.
Still can’t get WiFi in every room? We’ll give you money back that you’ve paid for your Sky Broadband Boost and give you it free for the rest of your contract – so you can still benefit from the other great features.
Go to WiFi Guarantee for more info.
Good to know: If you have Sky Broadband Boost you can claim money back under your WiFi Guarantee, but can’t claim under Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee.
Engineer visits at a time that suits you
Need a Broadband Tech Team visit? We’ll waive the £15 charge if you need to book an evening or weekend appointment.
Whether you book your appointment online or through an advisor, the discount will automatically be applied so you don’t have to do anything.
Daily checks on your line
After your broadband’s been up and running for a couple of weeks and its completed its stabilisation period, daily background checks will be run on your line to look for any potential issues outside of your home. If we find an issue, we’ll run a test on your line and send an engineer to investigate if we find a fault - they won’t need access to your home, so you don’t need to stay in.
We’ll run any line tests that are needed between 12am and 5am, then text you if we’re sending an engineer to investigate and then again when the fault is fixed. Your phone line might not work for a short period while we run these checks – but it shouldn’t take more than two minutes.
Your line will be excluded from the daily checks if:
- There’s a widespread broadband outage – Check for outages in your area.
- We’ve investigated a potential fault through this process in the last 28 days.
- You’ve reported a broadband problem to us in the last 14 days. But, if your problems still not fixed, Test your broadband.
- You joined Sky Broadband or changed your package in the last 28 days – this is the stabilisation period.
Good to know: Some care alarms or security alarms connected to a phone line might be affected while we run the line checks – but they shouldn’t take more than two minutes.
Mobile data for outages
Have Sky Mobile? This one’s just for you. If not, join Sky Mobile to benefit from this too. 2GB of data will be added to your Sky Piggybank automatically if your broadband has an outage that:
- Wasn’t planned
- Lasts more than 30 minutes
- Is between 7am and 11pm
Not got your data? It can take up to 24 hours to be added to your Sky Piggybank. We’ll send you a text to tell you it’s added but check your Sky Piggybank.
You can’t get more than three data credits in a month or 18 credits in 18 months.