Sky Broadband Boost
Add this to your Sky Broadband Essential, Sky Broadband Superfast or Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 package to give it a boost.
Give your Sky Broadband a boost and when your broadband has been activated, you’ll get these extra features:
- Get engineer visits at a time that suits you, even evening and weekends, at no extra cost.
- A reliable connection is important, so we’ll run daily checks on your line. If it’s not up to scratch, we’ll text you to let you know we’re fixing it fast.
- Control of your family’s screen time is in your hands with the Sky Broadband Buddy app.
- Got Sky Mobile? If your broadband drops out, we’ll put 2GB in your Sky Mobile Piggybank.
And if you took Sky Broadband Boost after 4th of September 2019:
- From the bedroom to the kitchen, we guarantee WiFi in every room of your home, or we will give you money back.
How to get Sky Broadband Boost
Got Sky Broadband Essential or Sky Broadband Superfast? Get in touch to get Sky Broadband Boost. If not, upgrade your package and add Sky Broadband Boost.
Like your broadband package, it comes with an 18-month contract.
Find out more about the features:
WiFi in every room or your money back
We’ll guarantee you can get at least 3Mbps WiFi in every room or we’ll give you your money back on your Sky Broadband Boost subscription.
You’ll get our new Sky Broadband Hub (unless you already have one) and if you’re not getting WiFi in every room we can send you a Sky Broadband Booster or an engineer to make sure your home’s set up to get the best signal and coverage.
Still can’t get WiFi in every room? We’ll give you money back that you’ve paid for your Sky Broadband Boost and give you it free for the rest of your contract – so you can still benefit from the other great features.
Go to WiFi Guarantee for more info.
Engineer visits at a time that suits you
Need a Broadband Tech Team visit? We’ll waive the £15 charge if you need to book an evening or weekend appointment.
Whether you book your appointment online or through an advisor, the discount will automatically be applied so you don’t have to do anything.
Daily checks on your line
After your broadband’s been up and running for a couple of weeks and its completed its stabilisation period, daily checks will be run on your line to find any potential issues outside of your home. If we find one, we’ll send an engineer to investigate - they won’t need access to your home, so you don’t need to stay in.
We’ll check every night between 12am and 5am, then text you if we’re sending an engineer and then again when the fault is fixed. Your phone line might not work for a short period while we run these checks – but it shouldn’t take more than two minutes.
Your line will be excluded from the daily checks if:
- There’s a widespread broadband outage – Check for outages in your area.
- We’ve previously investigated a fault through this process in the last 28 days.
- You’ve reported a broadband problem to us in the last 14 days. But, if your problems still not fixed, Test your broadband.
- You joined Sky Broadband or changed your package in the last 28 days – this is the stabilisation period.
Good to know: Some care alarms or security alarms connected to a phone line might be affected while we run the checks – but it shouldn’t take more than two minutes.
Mobile data for outages
Have Sky Mobile? This one’s just for you. If not, join Sky Mobile to benefit from this too. 2GB of data will be added to your Sky Piggybank automatically if your broadband has an outage that:
- Wasn’t planned
- Lasts more than 30 minutes
- Is between 7am and 11pm
Not got your data? It can take up to 24 hours to be added to your Sky Piggybank. We’ll send you a text to tell you it’s added but check your Sky Piggybank.
You can’t get more than three data credits in a month or 18 credits in 18 months.
Sky Broadband Buddy
Manage each screen in your home from an app on your Phone with Sky Broadband Buddy. It’s like a remote control for the internet and is already in your Sky Broadband Hub.
Here’s what you can do with the app:
- Create different filters for everyone in the family so they only see what they should.
- Keep tabs on screen time by setting regular time limits and bedtimes.
- Whether it’s homework time or family time, tap pause on one person or the whole home and they won’t be able to get online.
- All Sky Broadband Buddy features work across 3G and 4G as well as WiFi.
Go to Sky Broadband Buddy for more help.
Thanks for using our online services – if you do still need to contact us, please be aware that wait times may be longer than normal due to social distancing in our contact centres, but be assured we’re prioritising calls from customers who’ve already been online. We’re working hard to help you as fast as we can. We know it’s a challenging time for everyone right now. Thank you in advance for showing kindness and consideration to our team as they do their very best to help you.