Sky Mobile accessibility support
Already got an accessible mobile? Good news is you’ll be able to use your Sky Mobile SIM in it – it comes in three different sizes to fit lots of makes and models. And if you don’t already have a handset, here’s some useful info to help you choose one that’s right for you.
Phone and tablet accessibility features
Loads of phones and tablets have features supporting:
Features for the blind or partially sighted can include:
- Screen readers.
- Screen magnifiers.
- Voice activation.
- Adjustable font sizes and screen colours.
Features for the deaf or hard of hearing can include:
- Hearing aid compatibility
- Adjustable volume controls.
- Vibrate alerts.
- Mono audio.
Mobility and dexterity
Features for those with physical disabilities or limited motor skills can include:
- Large keypads / touch assistant touch screens.
- Voice activation.
- External keyboard compatibility.
- Easy to grip case design.
Learning and cognition
Features for these with learning difficulties can include:
- Simple, easy-to-use phone design and display.
- Limited / restricted settings mode.
Find and compare phones and tablets with accessibility features
The Global Accessibility Reporting Initiative (GARI) website compares accessibility features from different phone and tablet manufacturers to help you choose a device that’s right for you.
Filter by requirements, like dexterity, vision, hearing/speech and cognition, or use the advanced search to filter by more specific features, such as screen readers, hearing aid settings or external keyboard support.
Device accessibility information
Accessibility features will differ by device. Go to the manufacturer's website to check:
- Apple accessibility information
- Google Android accessibility information
- Huawei accessibility information
- Oppo accessibility information
- Samsung accessibility information
- Sony accessibility information
Sky accessibility services
We offer a range of services to our customers with accessibility requirements. Visit our Accessibility information and registration guide for more info.
To share your thoughts, visit our How to make a complaint guide.
For a copy of our Code of Practice in braille, regular, large or easy-to-read print, or on audio CD, get in touch with our accessibility team using the buttons at the bottom of the page.