Sky Mobile key facts - terms and conditions (UK)
This page contains key facts, as well as links to some important information about our Sky Mobile subscriptions and services for new customers in the United Kingdom.
The full Sky Mobile terms and conditions that apply to the services new customers receive from us can be found by selecting the appropriate option on this page (please select the appropriate link from the drop-down boxes to be taken to the relevant document or webpage).
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about any of this, please contact us.
Your services and contract
- Your Sky Mobile services are supplied by Sky UK.
- Your Sky Mobile services are for your personal use as a consumer and are separate to any other Sky services you have.
- A 12 month minimum term applies to your Sky Mobile service.
- If you end your Sky Mobile contract in your minimum term, you may have to pay us an early termination charge. You may be able to reduce this by changing data plan or removing recurring optional extras before you terminate.
- We may charge this, and any other one-off payment you owe us, to the card you used to pay for any upfront payment.
- Your cancellation rights will be sent to you with your full terms and conditions. You agree your Sky services may start during your cooling off period, you may still cancel your services within this but you will need to pay for any services used up to that point (e.g. call costs).
- If you purchased your products as part of a package offer, your cooling off period starts when the last of your products are delivered. If you choose to cancel within your cooling off you may have to return all products within this order.
- If you need to return your device(s) or accessory, this must be processed online or via our contact centre. We do not accept returns of devices or accessories at our stores. Once a return has been processed, the device or accessory must be posted back to our returns address. Pre-paid, addressed packaging can be provided instore, online or posted to you.
- Your new contract for this order will be posted to your manage account. Create a Sky iD to log in from sky.com. If you already have products or services from Sky Mobile, your existing contract(s) remain unchanged unless we tell you otherwise.
- If you’ve taken Sky Mobile services you must activate your SIM card within 31 days of receipt.
- Your Sky Mobile services should be available within 24 hours of you activating the SIM card. Details about how to activate your SIM card will be sent with your SIM.
- Phones and other devices we supply may be locked to our network. If they are, more details about when you can unlock your device and any fees you may have to pay will be here
- Unless you have bought your device from us, please ensure your device is unlocked before you activate your SIM. It can take several days for your current network provider to do this. If you activate your SIM when your device is locked, you will not be able to use calls and texts with Sky Mobile.
- If ‘roam assist’ or ‘dial assist’ are enabled on your device (see your settings), please carefully check the number you’re calling to avoid making an international call by mistake. UK numbers should start 0044 or +44 (not 0046 or +46).
- As this is a mobile service, it may not be available everywhere in the UK and in some places it is only available at certain times. Several factors could impact your coverage, for example, weather and geographic conditions or your location.
- See our Coverage Checker to check your predicted network coverage in your area.
- Unfortunately, there may be some rare occasions where our services will not work for you whilst you are abroad. You can check your current service availability in a particular destination before you travel by contacting us on 0333 7594567. WiFi calling is not currently supported outside the UK.
- Please take care when using Sky Mobile services close to borders as you might pick up another network. You can stop this by changing the settings on your device so it selects ‘National roaming only’ or the ‘Sky’ network in the data roaming settings.
- Beware of automatic uncontrolled data roaming and downloads. You can switch off data roaming in your device settings.
- Use Wi-Fi calling to make/send and receive calls and texts over a wireless internet connection (for example, home broadband). If you make an emergency call using Wi-Fi calling (999), we’ll use a normal mobile network first. If there’s no signal, we’ll try using Wi-Fi but the emergency services can’t identify your location automatically so you will need to tell them where you are.
- Wi-Fi calling will not work if the broadband connection fails or it loses power. You should keep a fixed line for emergency calls and never rely solely on Wi-Fi calling for these (only use Wi-Fi calling as a last resort). Please take a look at the Help section on sky.com for more information about Wi-Fi calling.
- Any unused data will be rolled over into your piggybank at the end of each billing period. You can choose to redeem this in increments of 1GB. Accumulated data expires after three years.
- For your protection, Sky Mobile is subject to an acceptable use policy. If you use your services excessively we may temporarily restrict them whilst we check the reason for high usage.
- For security reasons SIM cards may be replaced from time to time. If this happens we will tell you in advance and send a replacement.
- Watch requires an active plan with minimum 50Mb data available. Streaming adverts prior to and within on demand content and watching ads within some Sky Apps may use your data allowance. See sky.com/watchmobile Sky TV customers can view Sky TV content on two devices concurrently or four if you have a multiscreen subscription. two downloads per programme. Viewing limits apply. Compatible apps, device and software requirements at sky.com/watchmobile
- Your Sky Mobile services are supplied by Sky UK.
- If you have purchased a ‘Like New’ phone, it comes with a 12 month Sky warranty against faults arising in the first 12 months from when the device is delivered to you. For more information, including how to report a fault, Sky Mobile warranty information.
Paying for your services and equipment
- We will bill you monthly in advance for your data plan and any recurring optional extras you have. Other charges, such as add-ons and non-inclusive call/text charges will be billed in arrears. Any offers will be shown on your statement.
- You are responsible for all activity using your services unless you tell us someone is not authorised to use them before charges are incurred.
- You can view your bill at least 3 days before your monthly payment due date, make payments and manage your account online through My Sky and the My Sky app.
- Your Sky Mobile bill will be separate to your bill for any other Sky services.
- Prices for Sky Mobile services may increase and services may vary, including during your minimum term. If we increase your monthly subscription price you may cancel your subscription without early termination charge. Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them.
- The access charge for calls to 0845, 0870 and other 'service numbers' is 60p a minute.
- Unlimited Calls and Texts gives you inclusive calls and texts to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man landlines (01, 02 and 03) and UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man mobile numbers (07) (excludes indirect access and 070/076 numbers). Subject to acceptable use policy.
- With our International Saver you get discounted rates for calls and texts to over 60 popular International destinations (to both landline and mobile numbers). See our tariff guide for full details.
- Recurring optional extras (Unlimited Calls and Texts, the International Saver and 5G) stay on your account each month until cancelled.
- 5G is available with compatible 5G devices and in 5G coverage areas. See if you’re in a 5G area using our coverage checker or find out more information about 5G at sky.com/5G
- Please take a look at our tariff guide so you can see how much non-inclusive calls you make or texts you send will cost you, including our roaming rates.
- For your protection, some spend limits apply to each SIM card on your account. If you have multiple SIMs higher total charges may be incurred. You can manage the spend on your Sky Mobile account online (via My Sky).
- We will send you confirmation of your Direct Debit agreement separately.
- If you buy a device from us, you will automatically be enrolled in one of our ‘Swap12’, ‘Swap24’ or ‘Swap36’ equipment upgrade programmes (we’ll confirm which one when you place your order). This gives you the option to sell your device back to us at any time during the agreed Swap window.
- Before you confirm you want to Swap, we will tell you how much we will buy your device back for and the impact this will have on any loan you have from us.
- See our Sky Mobile terms and conditions for more information about Swap, including why the Swap option price may be different from the final price we offer for your device (for example, if the device is damaged or the market value adjustment applies).
- If your device is in full working order (with no damage), the market value adjustment does not apply and you exercise the Swap option as soon as you are eligible, the price we pay for it will be the same as the Swap option price we give you when you first buy your device.
- See our Swap help article for more information about Swap.
- If you buy an accessory from us, this will not be eligible for Swap.
- Information on how we deal with complaints and options for alternative dispute resolution can be found in our Complaints Code of Practice. You can also visit our How to make a complaint Help article or the Online Dispute Resolution website.
Calls to Sky
- Calls to Sky 03 numbers are inclusive from your Sky mobile, otherwise they cost the same as 01 and 02 numbers or may be included in your calls package (check your providers tariff guide for charges).
- The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found by visiting here.
- Sky may use your contact details to contact you about content, products and services that we think you’d like, including for a reasonable period after you cease to be a Sky customer. By becoming a customer you are agreeing to this unless you opt out by changing your preferences via your My Sky account or by calling us on 03442 414141.
- If you want to keep your number you'll need a PAC from your current provider.
- We may send notices to your mobile number. If you give your SIM or device to someone else, you should ensure they tell you about any notices they receive.