Setting up Sky Q
Connect your Sky Q Mini box to your main Sky Q box
Setting up a Sky Q Mini box for the first time
Already set up your Sky Q Mini box? Skip to step 2 if you need to connect your Sky Q Mini box to a new broadband hub or router.
- Plug the pink end of the HDMI cable into the pink port of your Sky Q Mini box and the other end into your TV.
- Plug the power cable into the blue port of your Sky Q Mini box and plug the other end into the mains.
- Switch your Sky Q Mini box on at the mains; on-screen messages will advise the box is starting up.
- After the messages have disappeared, press Home on your Sky Q remote to switch your box on.
If your TV does not have a HDMI port, then unfortunately you will not be able to use the Mini box on that TV.
Connect the Sky Q Mini box using WPS
When you connect a Sky Q Mini box for the first time, you may experience a temporary drop in connectivity. Try re-connecting your Sky Q Mini box via WPS.
- Press Select on the remote - you'll see Step 2 of 4, this starts WPS on this Sky Q Mini box.
- Go to the nearest connected Sky Q product (for example, your main Sky Q box or a Sky Q Hub) and press and hold the WPS button for 3 seconds (the button will flash amber).
- Return to your Sky Q Mini box and wait for WPS to complete (this may take up to 2 minutes).
- Wait whilst the box obtains an IP address and connects to your Sky Q box.
Setting up Sky Q remote
- Hold 1 and 3 together until the red light flashes 4 times.
- Select Continue and enter the brand of your TV.
- Select Find it for me.
- Press the volume buttons on your Sky Q remote and see if this changes your TV's volume. (If it doesn't work, select No, try another until you find the right setting).
- If you have a Sky Soundbox or speaker system, select Yes and follow the instructions or select No to finish setup.
- Select Finish.
Need more help with your remote? Our Sky Q remote guide can help you set up, use, and fix your remote.
Wait for the Sky Q Mini box connection process to complete
It can take up to 10 minutes for your Sky Q Mini box to finish connecting.
If you hear audio playing but still see the Connecting screen, press Home, then Dismiss to check whether this resolves the problem.
If you see Unsuccessful connection, wait for 30 seconds as the issue is likely to resolve itself.
If you see Joining your network, wait until you see the message There is a problem joining your network (MR102) then select Yes followed by Continue to reset the Sky Q Mini box. After the box has restarted you'll see Step 1 of 4.
Confirm that channels are working correctly
To confirm that the Sky Q Mini box is receiving good signal, go to Sky Sports News HD (channel 409) and make sure the channel displays correctly.
FYI: After connecting a Sky Q Mini box, there's a "network settling" period of up to 5 minutes during which you may experience audio and video dropouts.
Can't connect your Mini box? Continue to the next step.
If your Sky Q Mini box is close to your Sky Hub or router, you can try connecting it with an Ethernet cable instead of wirelessly. We don't recommend plugging your Mini box into a booster.
To do this, plug an Ethernet cable into your Sky Hub or router, and into your Sky Q mini box. Wait a few minutes and it will connect automatically.
If you're not able to do this, go to the next step.
Update the software on your Sky Q mini box
Your Sky Q mini box needs to be connected to your Sky Q main box to receive the update, if you are seeing any connectivity error messages on the Sky Q mini box during live TV viewing, you will not be able to update the box with the latest software version,
To resolve this, visit our connectivity flow.