If your Sky Q box is switching itself to standby, it's taking a while to switch on, or you’re having connectivity problems with your Sky Q Mini box before 5:45am, it may be because your Sky Q box standby mode is set to either Eco or Active.
The energy saving settings for your Sky Q box are Eco or Active.
Please note: All boxes should be on the same energy saving settings.
When your Sky Q box is installed, it's set to Eco. This is the recommended setting as the box consumes less energy by going into low power mode between 2.30am and 5:45am. It won’t go into this mode until any scheduled recordings are complete.
Bringing your box out of Eco mode will take a few minutes and if you try to use your Sky Q Mini box before 5:45am, you may experience connectivity issues. To stop this, you’ll need to switch your standby setting to Active or None.
The Active setting will go into standby after a period of inactivity and your Sky Q box will have an amber light.
To change your standby setting:
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings, then Setup.
- Select Preferences, followed by Standby mode and select the setting you want.
To keep your box well ventilated:
- Avoid placing the Sky Q box on a carpet or in an enclosed space, such as a closed cabinet. Allow at least 10cm of space above and on all sides of the box vents.
- Don't stack other devices on top of, underneath, or beside your Sky Q box.
- Keep the box away from heat, such as vents on TVs and electronic devices, radiators and direct sunlight.
Thinking about upgrading your Sky package?
Explore the latest offers and upgrades tailored to you at
My Sky Offers