Fixing problems with the Sky Sports Red Button
Check the Broadband connection
Make sure the Sky Q box/Sky Glass is connected to the Broadband:
- On your main Sky Q box/Sky Glass, press Home on your Sky remote, then select Settings, followed by Status.
- Select Network connection and check the status of the Connection to Internet and Connection to router.
If either Connection to Internet or Connection to router show a cross, follow our Sky Q Connectivity troubleshooting guide. (Sky Q only)
Check the software version
On Sky Q:
An older version of the Sky Q remote may not have the latest features and you may have problems like connectivity issues.
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings followed by System info
- Go to How to check which Sky box you have and check the table to see if your box is on the correct software version.
- If you're on the wrong software version, select Software Version, then Setup and then Software Download to begin downloading the latest software.
- You'll see the message Software update in progress. Do not switch off this Sky Q box during the download.
While the download is in progress you can do other actions including adjusting display settings, watching channels, etc.
- If you stay in the menu you'll see the message Software download successful. Your box will complete the installation next time it goes in to Standby.
- Switch the box to standby and the box should restart.
- Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear then press Home on your Sky Q remote.
Check Settings to make sure the Software Version has successfully updated. If it hasn't, repeat the software download process.
On Sky Glass:
- Press Home on your Sky Glass remote.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the home screen and select Settings.
- Select System management, then System info. Here you’ll see your software version number.
4. Check if you’re on the latest software version by going to Sky Glass software updates.
If you’re on an old version, run a quick software update.
To run a software update:
- Highlight the ‘software version’ and press right.
- Select Setup and follow the instructions.