Conversations let you group emails together by subject, so you can track the related emails you've sent and received. It doesn’t affect how your send emails.
To enable or disable Conversations:
- In the Tools Menu on the top right of the screen, select Settings and then Viewing Email.
- Under When viewing message lists, locate the Enable Conversations option.
- Deselect the checkbox to disable this feature or Select the checkbox to enable it.
- Select Save.
Please note: The Conversations feature is not available in Internet Explorer 8.
When contacts reply to an email, the interaction is called a "thread" and these are gathered together in a collapsible group. Only emails that respond to the thread will be included.
From your inbox or a folder, a threaded email will appear with:
The names of the contacts on the thread
The number of emails in the thread
A short snippet of the body of the latest email
The time/date of the latest email
When you open a thread, only the newest email will be expanded and it will appear at the bottom of the thread.
Select Expand All or Collapse message cards from the toolbar to see or hide all of the emails in a thread, or select the snippet line of an individual email to expand or collapse it.
Please note: Expand All will only be visible if all emails are collapsed.
With Preview Pane disabled (see "Changing your Sky Yahoo Mail display settings" in this article), you can select the arrow beside the thread in the list view to expand or collapse all emails.
To delete specific emails from a thread:
- Expand the email you want to delete.
- Select More.
- Select Delete Message. The email is moved to your Trash folder.
To delete an entire conversation:
- Select the checkbox beside the thread.
- Select Delete.