Updating your Sky+HD box software is simple. Follow the steps to do so here, or click here to watch our help video.
- Press the standby button on the top of your Sky remote.
- Switch off and unplug your Sky box and any other connected devices, like your TV, at the mains.
- Press and hold the backup button on your Sky box.
- Whilst holding the backup button, switch your Sky box back on at the mains.
- Continue to hold the backup button down for up to 30 seconds, or until you see all four lights on the front panel of the box flash on. Then you can release.
- Your box is now in download mode. It will take between 5-10 minutes to download the software. Do not turn off your Sky box or try to watch Sky TV during this time.
- If all four lights haven't appeared, retry the steps. If they still don't appear, you'll need to contact us.
When the download has finished, the box will automatically switch to standby. Wait at least 3 minutes, then press sky on your Sky remote to switch your Sky box back on.