Sky Q boxes are warm to touch or noisy
My Sky Q box is warm
It’s completely normal for your Sky Q boxes to be warm as they’re built with “breathable plastic” that naturally releases heat through the top of the boxes.
My Q box is noisy
Your Sky Q box has a hard disk that makes a noise similar to that of a PC. It also has a temperature-controlled fan that may come on occasionally.
If you're noticing an excessive amount of noise, make sure your Sky Q box is not placed:
- On a carpet or in an enclosed space, such as a closed cabinet. Allow at least 10cm of space above and on both sides of the box vents.
- On top of or underneath other devices.
- Near heat sources, such as TVs, electronic devices, radiators and direct sunlight.
If it's still excessively noisy, try restarting your Sky Q box.
Restart your Sky Q box
- Press standby on your Sky Q remote, then switch off or unplug your box at the mains.
- Check there are no lights on the front panel of your Sky Q box and all cables are securely connected.
- Leave your box disconnected for at least 15 minutes.
- Plug in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press Home on your Sky Q remote.
Some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.
If you're still having problems, you might need to book an engineer visit.