- Go to sky.com/upgrade and sign in with your Sky iD.
- Select the phone or tablet you’d like to swap.
- Choose your new phone or tablet that you’d like to upgrade to.
- Answer 3 questions about the condition of your current one. We’ll give you an estimate of how much you’ll get for it.
- Set up your new phone. We’ll deliver it for free the next working day. Keep your SIM, then back up your personal data and reset your old one. For more information, see the Swap returns page.
- Send your old phone or tablet back to us. Follow the posting instructions and use the pre-paid packaging that we'll send with your new phone or tablet to post it back within 14 days (phone) or by the date we tell you (tablets).
- We’ll check it over and confirm the amount you’ll get for it in one working day.
Any credit will go towards paying off what’s left on your old credit agreement. This will be added as a ‘credit adjustment’ on your next Sky Mobile bill.
Max. 5 devices and 5 plans per account.
Credits and charges
If you swap:
after 12, 24 or 36 months and your phone or tablet is in good condition, then you won’t have anything extra to pay as the value of your old phone or tablet should cover what’s left to pay on your credit agreement.
your phone early (before 12 for Swap12 or 24 months for Swap24), we’ll give you a valuation for it and you can choose whether to accept it.
If the value isn’t enough to pay off what’s left on your credit agreement (for example, because your phone is damaged or you swap your phone early), you’ll need to pay the difference. This will be added to your next bill.
You can choose to make a one-off payment by credit or debit card to cover the difference before your next bill is generated.
If you don’t have a credit agreement and you’re eligible to swap, we’ll put the credit towards your next Sky Mobile bill.
Choosing a phone or tablet that’s on pre-order or out of stock
You’ll just need to wait for your new phone or tablet to arrive before you can send your old one back to us.
Once you’ve got your new one, you’ll have:
Phone: 14 days to send your old phone back to us. If you don’t, we’ll cancel your swap. But don’t worry, you can open a new swap any time.
Tablet: to send your old tablet back to us by the date we tell you. If you don’t, the value of your old device will reduce. For more information, see ‘The value of your old phone or tablet’ below.
When you can upgrade
Upgrade your phone for a brand new one any time you like after the first 31 days of your credit agreement.
Whatever your credit agreement length, you can swap your phone for a brand new one 12 months before your credit agreement ends with no charges*.
*No early upgrade, admin or delivery charges to swap provided you swap within 12 months of your credit agreement ending.
If you bought your phone outright:
- Before 9 August 2019, you’ll still be eligible to swap.
- After 9 August 2019, you won’t be eligible for swap but you can trade in your old phone.
Tablet upgrades work a bit differently to phone upgrades.
The phone or tablet repayment date might not be the same day as your bill date.
Want to upgrade your tablet early?
- Sorry, you can’t upgrade a tablet outside of these times.