- Go to sky.com/upgrade and sign in with your Sky iD.
- Select the device you want to swap from the list of your current devices and select Start your upgrade.
- Choose the new device you want to upgrade to.
- Answer 3 questions about the condition of your current one. We’ll give you an estimate of how much we'll give you for it.
- Set up your new device once you've got it. We’ll deliver it for free. Keep your SIM, then back up your personal data and reset your old device. For more information, see the Swap returns page.
- Post your old device back to us within 14 days. Follow the posting instructions and use the pre-paid packaging that we'll send with your new device.
- We’ll check your device matches what you've told us and confirm the amount you’ll get for it in one working day. If it doesn’t match (e.g. it’s damaged), we’ll offer you an updated amount and you can choose whether to accept it.
Credit and charges
Any credit will go towards what’s left to pay for your old device. This will be added as a ‘credit adjustment’ on your next Sky Mobile bill.
If the amount we offer isn’t enough to pay off what’s left on your old device (for example, because it’s damaged or you swap it early), you’ll need to pay the difference. We’ll add this to your next bill or to pay it off before then, you can make a one-off card payment to cover the difference.
If you swap:
- After 12, 24 or 36 months and your device is in good condition - you won’t have anything extra to pay. The value of your old device should cover what’s left to pay on your credit agreement.
- Your device early (before 12 months for Swap12, before 24 months for Swap24 or before 36 months for Swap36), we’ll give you a value for it and you can choose whether to accept it.
New device on pre-order or out of stock
You’ll just need to wait for your new device to arrive before you can send your old one back to us.
Once you’ve got it, you’ll have 14 days to send your old device back to us. If you don’t send it back in time, we’ll cancel your swap. But don’t worry, you can open a new swap any time. How much we’ll give you for your old device might change though.
How to swap help video