- Go to sky.com/upgrade and sign in with your Sky iD.
- Select the phone or tablet you’d like to swap.
- Choose your new phone or tablet that you’d like to upgrade to.
- Answer 3 questions about the condition of your current one. We’ll give you an estimate of how much you’ll get for it.
- Set up your new phone or tablet. We’ll deliver it for free the next working day. Keep your SIM, then back up your personal data and reset your old one. For more information, see the Swap returns page.
- Send your old phone or tablet back to us. Follow the posting instructions and use the pre-paid packaging that we'll send with your new phone or tablet to post it back within 14 days (phone) or by the date we tell you (tablets).
- We’ll check it over and confirm the amount you’ll get for it in one working day.
Any credit will go towards paying off what’s left on your old credit agreement. This will be added as a ‘credit adjustment’ on your next Sky Mobile bill.
Max. 7 plans and 5 active credit agreements / Buy it now devices per account. Every “Buy it now” device takes up a device slot in any 150-day rolling period. If you’re at this limit, you won’t be able to upgrade until you’ve had the devices for more than 150 days.
Credits and charges
If you swap:
after 12, 24 or 36 months and your phone or tablet is in good condition, then you won’t have anything extra to pay as the value of your old phone or tablet should cover what’s left to pay on your credit agreement.
your phone early (before 12 for Swap12 or 24 months for Swap24), we’ll give you a valuation for it and you can choose whether to accept it.
If the value isn’t enough to pay off what’s left on your credit agreement (for example, because your phone is damaged or you swap your phone early), you’ll need to pay the difference. This will be added to your next bill.
You can choose to make a one-off payment by credit or debit card to cover the difference before your next bill is generated.
If you don’t have a credit agreement and you’re eligible to swap, we’ll put the credit towards your next Sky Mobile bill.
Choosing a phone or tablet that’s on pre-order or out of stock
You’ll just need to wait for your new phone or tablet to arrive before you can send your old one back to us.
Once you’ve got your new one, you’ll have:
Phone: 14 days to send your old phone back to us. If you don’t, we’ll cancel your swap. But don’t worry, you can open a new swap any time.
Tablet: to send your old tablet back to us by the date we tell you. If you don’t, the value of your old device will reduce. For more information, see ‘The value of your old phone or tablet’ below.
How to swap help video