Sky box running slow
If your Sky+HD box is running slowly, these simple steps should speed things up a bit.
Check for ventilation issues
Make sure your Sky box is well ventilated and it's not:
- placed on a carpet, soft surface or in an enclosed space, such such as a closed cabinet (allow at least 10cm of space above and on all sides of the Sky box).
- stacked with other devices on top of, underneath, or beside your Sky box.
- close to other heat sources, such as vents on TVs and electronic devices, radiators and direct sunlight.
Restart the Sky box
- Press standby on your Sky remote, then switch off or unplug your Sky box at the mains socket.
- Check there's no lights on the front of your Sky box.
- Plug in and switch your Sky box back on at the mains socket. Check the power light has returned.
- Wait at least 4 minutes and press Sky to switch on your Sky box.
Most features will work straight away, but Search, TV Guide and the Planner may take a few minutes.
If you're still having problems, you'll need to book an engineer visit.