Sky Glass or Sky Stream remote isn't working
If your Sky remote has stopped controlling your TV or you're having problems with voice control, try these steps.
Check the batteries
An easy way to check is to cover the buttons slightly on your Sky remote with your hand. You should see a white backlight behind the buttons. If you:
- Can see the backlight - skip to the next step.
- Can't see the backlight - try pressing a button. If there's still no light, check the battery compartment to make sure the paper used to protect the battery has been fully removed. It might have ripped when being removed leaving some behind.
Still can't see the backlight? It’s likely you need to replace the two AAA batteries.
To replace the batteries:
CAUTION: Risk of explosion if batteries are replaced by an incorrect type. Only use AAA alkaline batteries.
- Remove the back cover of the remote by sliding the cover down. Follow the direction of the small arrow symbol on the back of the remote.
2. Insert batteries as shown, ensuring correct orientation.
3. Slide the back cover back into place, pressing firmly to close it.
4. Press the Home button. You should see the Home screen.
If you've replaced the batteries and still can't see the backlight behind the buttons there might be a fault with your remote. To get in touch with us, go to the bottom of Step '4. Restart'.
Only one Bluetooth remote can be paired to your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck at any time.
Before trying to pair or test your remote:
- Make sure your TV is not on standby (red light showing).
- Got a Sky Q box? Make sure this is switched off.
Re-pair your remote
- Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
- Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds.
- Wait until you see the connected message and select Continue.
Seeing the 'Connect your remote' message?
This means something’s gone wrong. Try the steps again at least 3 times.
Check voice control is working
Reminder: You need to have a Sky Ultimate TV subscription for voice control to work.
- Hold the Sky remote in front of you.
- Press and hold the Voice button on the Sky remote as you speak clearly into the microphone (under the Sky logo at the top of the remote).
- Release the Voice button when you've finished speaking.
Voice control tips
- Speak in a clear voice
- Make sure there isn't a lot of background noise
- Check the TV volume isn't too loud
You should see the 'Hello, what would you like to do?' message on screen when you press the Voice button.
Restart your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck
- Put your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck on standby by pressing the Standby button on your Sky remote, on the right-hand side of your Sky Glass TV or the bottom of your Sky Stream puck.
- Switch off your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck at the mains then switch it back on again. There’s no need to unplug it.
After a few seconds, you'll see the Sky logo on screen and the red or white standby light will come on (it might blink off and back on again) as the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck starts back up.
3. On your Sky remote, press the Home button. You should see the Home screen.