Check the batteries
An easy way to check is to cover the buttons slightly on your Sky remote with your hand. You should see a white backlight behind the buttons. If you:
- Can see the backlight - skip to the Next step.
- Can't see the backlight - try pressing a button. If there's still no light, check the battery compartment to make sure the paper used to protect the battery has been fully removed. It might have ripped when being removed leaving some behind.
Still can't see the backlight? It’s likely you need to replace the two AAA batteries.
To replace the batteries:
CAUTION: Risk of explosion if batteries are replaced by an incorrect type. Only use AAA alkaline batteries.
- Remove the back cover of the remote by sliding the cover down. Follow the direction of the small arrow symbol on the back of the remote.
- Insert batteries as shown, ensuring correct orientation.
- Slide the back cover back into place, pressing firmly to close it.
- Press the Home button. You should see the Home screen.