Finding shows or movies with Audio Description
It’s easy to find out if a particular show or movie has AD:
- Highlight the programme in your TV guide and check the programme information for the letters AD. Using an older Sky box? You may need to press i on your Sky remote (above and slightly to the right of the up arrow) to bring up the programme information.
- You can also check for audio description while watching TV by pressing select to bring up the programme banner and checking for the letters AD in the programme information.
- Using Voice Guidance on Sky Q? It will speak “Audio Description” wherever the AD badge appears.
The programme information can be found:
- At the top right of the screen if you highlight a show in the TV Guide on Sky Q or Sky Glass, or near the top left of the screen if you highlight a show in the TV Guide on Sky+
- At the top of the screen if you highlight a show in Recordings or Playlist.
- On the left in the mini guide while watching TV on Sky Q or Sky Glass, or by pressing i if you highlight a show in the mini guide on Sky+
- In a new window if you select a show in the TV Guide or Recordings sections of the Sky Go and Sky+ apps on mobile.
Use Voice Search to find AD content
Got a Sky remote with Voice Control? Say “Find audio described programmes”, “Audio described content” or “AD content” into the microphone to see a list of upcoming shows and movies which have AD.
The page is split into categories to make it even easier to find what you want to watch or record.
Highlighting shows with AD
To see at a glance if a show has AD, set up your TV Guide or Planner to highlight shows with AD:
Beep for AD
To make things even easier, you can also set up your Sky box, Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck to beep when you change to a channel that’s showing an audio described show.
Audio Description is not currently available:
- For On Demand or Sky Store content.
- In the Sky Go app, except on recordings on iOS devices. For more help, read our guide to switching on audio description.
- In the Sky Kids app.