Connectivity or broadband error messages on Sky Q
Sky Q works best when it's connected to your broadband network. If your Sky Q or Sky Q Mini box loses its internet connection, you'll lose access to many of Sky Q's features, including downloading On Demand content, watching Netflix, or accessing My Sky.
If you’re seeing any of the below error messages on your Sky Q or Sky Q Mini box, please visit Fix connection problems with Sky Q and follow the steps to get back up and running again.
- “There is a network proximity error on your Sky Q Mini box”
- "Sky Q Mini box connection error"
- “There is a problem connecting to your broadband router”
- “There is a problem finding your Sky Q box on the network”
- “There is a problem joining your network”
- “A different Sky Q box has been found on this network”
- “For the best experience, you must be connected to broadband. Check your settings or carry on with a limited service”
- “No connection to Sky Q box. Your Sky Q Mini box needs to be connected to your Sky Q box”
- “No IP address obtained”
- “There seems to be a problem with your broadband”
- “To change your app restriction settings, you must be connected to broadband. Please check your settings”
- “To change your PIN, you must be connected to broadband. Please check your settings”
- “To enjoy this service, you must be connected to broadband. Please check your settings “
- “Unsuccessful connection”
- “You're not connected to a Sky Q box right now. For more information, press Dismiss"
- “You are experiencing broadband connectivity issues, please go to Settings > Setup > Network to check your setup”
- “You can't watch TV at the moment as there is a connectivity problem”
- “Your Sky Q Mini box has not been able to connect to the activation server”
- "Lost connection to your Sky Q box"
Seeing a different error message? Try typing your on screen message into our error message lookup tool.