Sky Glass energy usage compared
Sky Glass uses up to 50% less energy compared to using a combination of a Sky Q set top box, a TV from one of three leading manufacturers in the UK and a soundbar comparable by technology and size, based on publicly available information about each device's energy consumption.
The table below shows exactly how much energy is saved based on its size and technology.
- Benchmarked using Sky's most efficient STB (Sky Q 1TB Titan) and a range of comparable TVs and Soundbars from leading brands
- kWh per year based on publicly available data and the following:
- Product active hours per day (h) = 4.5
- Product standby hours per day (h) = 19.5
- Standby Product power consumption Glass (W) = 1.05
- Standby Product power consumption Other TV (W) = 0.3
TV + Sky Q Box + Soundbar
43" kWh per year SDR
55'' kWh per year SDR
65'' kWh per year SDR
43'' kWh per year HDR
55'' kWh per year HDR
65'' kWh per year HDR
So if you have a 43" SDR LG TV, a Sky Q box and a soundbar, you'd be using around 266 kWh per year.
With Sky Glass you'd be using 127 kWh - a saving of 52%.
Energy consumption comparison