Before your installation date
- Sky Q HubIf Sky Broadband is part of your new package, track when your Sky Q Hub will arrive in My Orders.
If you’re a new Sky Broadband customer, set up your Sky Q Hub on the activation date (this is written on the box it comes in). Make sure it’s set up and working before your engineer visit.
If you already have Sky Broadband, you can set up your Sky Q Hub as soon as it arrives.
If you aren’t a Sky Broadband customer, you just need to make sure your broadband is working normally.
- Viewing cardIf the first digit of your existing viewing card number is 6 or lower, you’ll be sent a new viewing card. This will be posted to you and should arrive before your scheduled engineer visit.
If your viewing card or router doesn’t arrive before your installation day, tell your engineer when they call to confirm the visit. Your engineer will be able to provide a spare viewing card and/or Sky Q Hub during the TV install if necessary.
- Watch existing recordings
Unless it’s Buy & Keep, you won’t be able to transfer the recordings on your Sky+ box to your Sky Q box. Some of the shows may be available to download via Catch Up TV, Sky Box Sets and on demand movies, but otherwise we advise you to watch any recordings you wish to view before your Sky Q install date.
- Note series links
- Your engineer's parking access
To help make your installation as quick and smooth as possible, think about parking access and if permits for on-street parking are required.
On the day of installation
You’ll receive a call from your engineer the evening before installation day or before 9am on the day itself, to let you know roughly what time they should be arriving. Make sure you have your new viewing card (if required) ready for the engineer and that your broadband, TVs and home phone are working.
- Ensure easy accessConsider which TVs you want a Sky Q or Sky Q Mini box connected to. Each location will need an available power socket.
The engineer will need to get into the areas where equipment and cabling are installed, so try to make sure your TVs are easily accessible and move any furniture or other items that could make this difficult.
- Sky Q appDownload the Sky Q app to the compatible Apple and Android devices you wish to use it on.
- Sky iD, PINS and parental settings
Your Sky iD and PINs will stay the same. Parental settings will be on by default on each box and can be easily managed to suit your needs.
- Remote Record
To use Remote Record from your mobile, go to the TV Guide in the Sky Q app. If you were sent a new viewing card, make sure the card number has been updated in the My Settings section of your My Sky account.
Please note: You need the Sky Q Multiscreen pack to be able to Remote Record from your mobile.
Thinking about upgrading your Sky package?
Explore the latest offers and upgrades tailored to you at
My Sky Offers