With call waiting, if you’re on the phone and someone calls you, you’ll hear a discreet beeping sound. You can switch between calls or carry on the current conversation and give the new caller a message to ring back.
Turn on call waiting:
- Dial * 4 3 #
- You'll hear a confirmation message or a long, high-pitched tone.
- Dial # 4 3 # again to turn off call waiting.
Check if call waiting is on or off:
- Dial * # 4 3 #
- If you hear a confirmation message or a long, high-pitched tone, call waiting is on.
- If you hear a lower-pitched, intermittent tone, call waiting is off.
Switch between calls:
- To put your current conversation on hold and switch to the second caller, press redial, then 2. To then return to the first caller, press redial, then 1.
- If you don’t switch to the new caller, they will be asked to ring back later.