Adjusting the contrast settings on your Sky+ or Sky Q box
Whether you struggle to read the on-screen menus, or simply prefer a different look, you can customise the contrast on your Sky TV to suit your needs. On Sky+, you can also increase the font size.
To adjust your contrast settings:
- Press Home (directly below the down arrow) on your Sky Q remote
- Press the down arrow 11 times to scroll down to Settings and press select
- Press the down arrow 3 times to scroll down to Accessibility and press select
- Press the down arrow 4 times to scroll down to High contrast and press select to turn the setting on.
- Press dismiss (to the left of the Home button) to return to normal viewing.
- Press Home (directly below the down arrow) on your Sky remote.
- Scroll to the bottom of your screen and select Settings.
- Press the down arrow twice for Accessibility and press Select.
- Press the down arrow four times for High Contrast and press Select to turn it on.
- Press services (below and to the left of the sky button at the top) button on your Sky remote
- Press the right arrow once to scroll across to Accessibility and press select
- Press the down arrow twice to scroll to Increase Homepage Font Size. Press the left arrow to toggle between LARGE and NORMAL
- Press the down arrow once more to scroll to Increase Sky+ Contrast and Font Size. Press the left arrow once to turn both settings on, twice to increase font size only, or three times to increase contrast only.
- Press the green button (above and slightly to the right of the number 1 button) to save the setting, then press sky at the top of your remote to return to normal viewing.
Within some branded Catch Up TV channels on Sky+ (such as BBC iPlayer, ITV, All 4 and Channel 5) changing the contrast setting won't work. You can only increase the font size.