Yes - to receive Sky services you will need to have a dish.
As the dish needs to be fixed to your house, there may be a small amount of drilling needed to get your Sky TV services working. Our engineers can advise on options according to your needs on the day of installation.
Our Sky Q boxes offer our best TV viewing experience and now come as standard:
- You can now watch more, record more and store more.
- It's also easier to find the shows you love. Plus, we'll recommend new shows based on your watching habits.
- And on top of that you can access your Netflix and Spotify accounts - no additional cables required.
Once your Sky TV services are active you can contact BT to take BT Sports.
- You can easily link your Netflix account to Ultimate On Demand, keeping your profiles, when you activate Netflix with Ultimate On Demand.
- If you have a Netflix Premium account, add Sky Q experience to continue watching Netflix across 4 devices at the same time in Ultra HD.
- If you have Netflix but not Ultimate On Demand, sign into Netflix App within the Apps section on Q Home using your Netflix account details (Netflix account e-mail address and password).
Any Sky TV package you take includes our Sky Entertainment pack as standard. It comes with over 300 channels including Sky Atlantic and Discovery.
We estimate that over 90% of homes in the UK can receive our Sky TV services. If we determine that you're not able to, you can still watch great shows on www.nowtv.com.
No, you need a Sky TV subscription to watch any of our Sky Box Office events.
No, Sky Go is a benefit for customers with a Sky TV subscription. You'll be able to watch once you've bought your Sky TV package and before your installation date. Simply create a Sky iD and download Sky Go to your compatible device. You'll be prompted to create your Sky iD on your order confirmation page.
Once you become a customer, you can benefit from our VIP and loyalty programme - plus we offer rewards for referring friends to Sky TV.