Please note: If you have Sky Multiscreen, with Sky boxes in more than one room, you'll have a different Sky TV PIN for each box. Once you’ve reset your PIN, it usually takes just a few minutes to update, but can occasionally take a few hours.
Using your Sky remote
You’ll need your PIN to watch certain programme or confirm a Sky Store or Sky Box Office purchase. If you’ve forgotten your PIN, you can follow the prompt to reset it by pressing red on your Sky remote. For further help on resetting your PIN, see our help video or follow the instructions below.
- Press interactive on your Sky remote, scroll down to Reset your PIN, then press select.
- Enter one of the following:
- The last four digits of your credit card number.
- The last four digits of the bank account number you use to pay for Sky.
- The last four digits of your Sky account number. This can be found on your latest Sky bill.
- Enter a new four-digit PIN and press select.
- Re-enter your new PIN to confirm and press select.
- You'll now see a screen confirming that your PIN has been updated.
Depending on your Sky+ software version, you may also be able to change your PIN by pressing the yellow button on your Sky remote when you're on any live TV channel. Read more on Sky Community.
Online in your Manage account
- Sign in to Manage using your Sky iD and go to the TV PIN page.
- Your nine-digit viewing card number will be displayed onscreen. If you’ve got Sky Multiscreen, you’ll need to select the viewing card/TV PIN you’d like to change from a drop down menu of your active viewing card numbers.
- Enter a new four digit PIN in the New PIN field.
- Re-type your new PIN in the Confirm new PIN field and select Confirm pin.
When choosing your new Sky TV PIN, we suggest you avoid using your date of birth or any combination that might be easy to guess. You’re responsible for keeping your PIN secure and confidential.
In the My Sky app
- Open the My Sky app and, if you haven’t already, sign in using your Sky iD details. If you’re new to the app, visit our My Sky app page to find out more.
- Select Manage account > TV > TV settings.
- Select Update next to TV PIN and follow the on screen instructions.