To use Wi-Fi calling you'll need the latest software update.
If your iPhone:
- Is brand new from Sky Mobile - you'll download the latest software update as part of the initial phone setup.
- Isn't brand new from Sky Mobile (you've had it a while) or you bought it from a different provider or retailer - you'll just need to manually update your phone to the latest software and carrier settings.
To manually update to the latest software
- On you iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software.
- Tap Download and Install and enter your passcode, if prompted.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree again to confirm.
The software will download automatically. If you see a ‘Preparing to download’ message, give it a minute or two and the download should start.
To update your carrier settings
Go to the Apple website and follow the instructions.
To turn Wi-Fi calling on/off
Only available if you've downloaded the latest software.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and slide the button to green to turn it on or slide it left to turn it back off.
Once you're set up, you can send texts, picture messages and make calls in areas with poor signal - as long as there's a Wi-Fi network available.
Wi-Fi calling will stay switched on until you switch it off.
Each time you’re on the network, if you’ve connected to your home or a private Wi-Fi network, your phone will automatically connect. You might just have to reconnect each time you use Wi-Fi while you're out and about (public Wi-Fi).