Using the Highbrow app
What is Highbrow
Welcome to a world of carefully curated educational videos taught by expert puppets, magical musicians, inventive artists and progressive scientists who will inspire your children.
Watch on demand videos across a range of:
- English, Maths, Science
- Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Music
- Wellbeing and additional needs
- Age Groups
- Early Years (1-3 years)
- Foundation Stage (3-5 years)
- Key Stage 1 (5-7 years)
- Key Stage 2 (7-11 years)
- Arabic, Bengali, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korea, Malayalam, Mandarin, Marathi, Portuguese, Sanskrit, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
You can use Highbrow on a range of devices and is available on Sky Q, App Store, Google Play and joinhighbrow.com
It’s an ‘anytime-anywhere’ app to keep your kid’s learning on the go, wherever you go! You can access Highbrow globally, across all your mobile devices, but some videos might not be available in specific countries due to our licensing rights.
How do I get Highbrow?
On your Sky Q box, Sky Q Mini box or Sky Glass you can open the Highbrow app from the Apps menu or from the Apps rail on the Sky Q/Glass Home page, but you’ll need a Highbrow subscription.
There are two types of subscription:
- Monthly - £5.99 per month (€5.99 in ROI) with a free 30-day trial. Cancel anytime.
- Yearly - £29.99 (€34.99 in ROI) and no free trial.
If you’re already on a monthly subscription then nothing will change for you.
Your subscription is managed by Highbrow, not by Sky, but you can subscribe through your Sky Q box/Sky Glass:
- Open Highbrow from the Apps menu or rail.
- Choose a video to watch and you’ll see the Join Highbrow screen.
- Scan the QR code on screen with a mobile or tablet, or go to joinhighbrow.com/sky
- Enter the unique activation code that’s shown on screen.
Good to know: Make sure you use the activation code or QR code from your Sky Q box or Sky Glass, the ones above are just examples.
When you’re subscribed you can start using Highbrow on Sky Q or Sky Glass and you’ll automatically be signed in when you open the app. The first time you use on a Sky Q Mini box you’ll need to sign in, but then it’ll remember your details.
How to use Highbrow
Open Highbrow from the Apps menu or from the Apps rail on the Sky Q or Sky Glass Home page, and you’ll see the home page. Select videos from Highbrow Loves, Top Picks, Science Recommendations or many more - to select a video, just highlight the box and press select.
To see more menu options press left on your Sky remote. Select:
- Search to find specific videos.
- Home to go back to the home screen.
- Categories to choose a subject from the list, like English, Maths, Science and many more.
- Curriculum to see videos for a certain age group.
- Help and settings to find more help with Highbrow.
When watching a video, use the play, fast forward and rewind buttons on your Sky remote.
Press dismiss on your Sky remote to go back to the Highbrow home page or the Home button to exit the app.
Your Highbrow account and billing
Your subscription is managed by Highbrow, not by Sky, but you can cancel anytime:
- Go to joinhighbrow.com/settings/account and sign in.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- Don’t see this? Check you’re on the Settings page.
After you’ve cancelled, you can continue using Highbrow until the end of the current billing period (the day before your payment is usually taken).
Forgotten your password
Can’t sign in or device or in your Highbrow account, it’s easy to reset your password:
- Open the app, tap Log In then Reset Your Password. Or, go to joinhighbrow.com/user/password-reset and enter your email.
- You’ll get an email to reset - click the link and choose a new password.
- Use your new password to sign in on any device.
Tip: If you’re already signed in, you can change your password in Settings.
Managing my kids’ profiles
To manage your kid’s profiles, go to joinhighbrow.com/settings or select the settings icon in the top right of the app.
Here you can:
- Add or remove profiles.
- See your kids’ have watched and learn what their favourite videos are.