Change your password
Reset your password straight away. Make sure the new one is strong and is made up of at least eight characters and can be a combination of upper or lower case letters and numbers. Sky passwords are case sensitive. Never use a password that you've used before.
Check your account information
To view and change your account information you need to use a compatible browser, such as Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported.
Go to sky.com/myaccount and sign in with your Sky iD.
Depending on what device you're using:
- PC/laptop: Select your name/username in the top right corner, then select Yahoo Mail and you'll be taken to your inbox.
- Mobile / tablet: Select the menu (3 lines) in the top left corner, then select Yahoo Mail and you'll be taken to your inbox.
If you're using a mobile / tablet, complete these extra steps:
- Android device (must use Chrome): Tap the 3 dots in the top right of the Chrome window then select the option for “Desktop Site”. The website will then reload as the desktop version.
- Apple device (must use Safari): Press & hold the Refresh icon at the end of the address bar. Select the option that appears to “Request Desktop Site”. The website will then reload as the desktop version.
If the mailbox doesn't load as the desktop version automatically, go back to sky.com and re-open Sky Yahoo Mail.
3. Select the cog icon / Settings option in the top right corner of your Sky Yahoo Mailbox then select More Settings from the bottom of the menu that appears.
4. Use the menu options on the left hand side to check if any changes have been made to your email settings that you're not aware of.
5. Make sure you click Save if you make any changes in any of the below sections.
Information changes to look out for include:
Your full name – if it's been changed, reset it.
Your Reply-to address – if it’s been changed to something other than your sky.com email address, click the drop down arrow and select your sky.com account.
A signature in the signature box. If you don’t recognise it, delete it.
A forwarding address has been set up without your knowledge – if so, unselect Forward by selecting POP.
Check your out-of-office response hasn't been changed.
Unknown filters have been set up. To check, select Filters on the left-hand menu – if any have been set up without your permission, select each one and click Remove.
Sometimes, a filter can be set up and named as a full stop. These can be very difficult to spot – click under “Add new filter” then the trash icon to make sure this isn't left in place.
Security and Privacy:
Check your banned email addresses are correct and remove any blocked email addresses that you haven't blocked or banned yourself.
6. If you’re missing emails from your inbox, it’s important to check your other folders for the missing email (Including Spam, Archive & Deleted Items).
7. If you use Sky email through an email app or program (like Apple Mail or Outlook), follow the Getting started with Sky Yahoo Mail steps to set up a secure app password for your device.