Sound out of sync with picture
If picture and sound aren't in sync, check other channels.
If only one channel is affected, it’s likely to be a broadcast issue. Try again later.
If all channels are affected, check that your router, Sky Q boxes and any Boosters are plugged in and switched on. Try the channels again.
Restart your Sky Q box
- Switch your Sky Q box off at the mains.
- Check that both ends of all cables are securely connected.
- Switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
- Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear then press Home on your Sky Q remote.
- Check optical cable settings
If you're using an optical cable, go to the Home screen, select Settings, then Setup followed by Audio visual.
Check Digital audio output HDMI is set to Normal and Digital audio output optical is set to Dolby Digital.
Then try delaying the audio output by selecting Digital audio output delay and a delay time in ms (milliseconds). Try a few options until you find the right one.
- Try another HDMI socket on your TV
If your TV has more than one HDMI socket:
Plug your Sky Q box's HDMI cable into a different HDMI socket on your TV.
- Use the Input button on your Sky Q remote to select the new TV input.
- Try a direct connection between your Sky Q box and TV
If your Sky Q box is connected to a speaker system or device other than your TV, try connecting your HDMI cable directly between your box and your TV.
If the sound is normal, your speaker system may have personalised settings. To change these, contact the manufacturer or read the manual for advice.
If you’re still having problems, please contact us.