No satellite signal
No signal/No input message on Sky+
Check the lights on your Sky box
A no signal message means that your TV isn’t receiving a signal from your Sky box. It sounds basic, but make sure your box is switched on at the mains and the power light is green.
If the power light is red or orange, press sky on your Sky remote to turn it on.
If your Sky box is turned on but you’ve still got a No Signal or No Input message, continue to the next step.
Check your TV’s input
Most modern TVs have more than one input channel. Make sure your TV is switched to the correct one for your Sky box.
Check which HDMI port your Sky box is using on your TV, and then:
Using your TV remote:
- Press SOURCE or INPUT on your TV remote until you find the right channel.
Using your Sky remote:
- TV then Help
- TV then Backup; or
- TV then 0 (zero).
Keep pressing TV and Help / Backup / 0 to try different TV inputs (you might see a menu of input channels you can choose from).
If you’re still having problems, try a different HDMI port to see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, continue to the step below.
Restart your Sky box & TV and check your cables
- Press Standby on your Sky remote, then switch off or unplug at the mains.
- Check there's no lights on the front of your Sky box and all cables are securely connected and undamaged. If your cables are damaged, you'll need to book an engineer visit online.
- Now place your TV in to standby, and switch off at the mains, wait about a minute, then switch on your TV at the mains and switch your TV back on to the HDMI channel.
- Plug in and switch your Sky box back on at the mains.
- Wait for a couple of minutes then press the Sky Button on your remote.
Some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.
Try another cable or device
There might be a problem with the cable you’re using. Try connecting your Sky box to your TV using a different HDMI cable.
If that still doesn’t fix the problem, try another device, like a DVD player, Chromecast, or Apple TV. Unplug the HDMI cable from your Sky box and plug it into your other device instead.
If your other device doesn’t work, there might be a problem with your TV and you should contact your manufacturer for more support.
If your other device does work, you’ll need to book an engineer visit online.
If you are using a communal dish:
- In the UK, contact your property manager.
- In ROI, contact us using the options below.
Got Sky Q? See help for no satellite signal issues on Sky Q instead.