Before you start, resetting your hard drive will permanently delete all recordings, downloads, purchases, reminders and series links. You can restore Buy & Keep purchases from the Sky Store Website.
To reset the hard drive:
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote and scroll down the menu list to find Settings. You only need to highlight the word.
- Press 0, 0, 1, on your Sky Q remote and then Select. This will open up the engineer settings page.
- Select Reset from the first menu list, and then Reset hard drive. A warning message will advise all existing and planned recordings will be deleted. Press Select to continue. The Sky Q box will then reset.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear and then press the standby button on the front panel of the box, instead of Home on your Sky Q remote, because resetting the hard drive will also clear any remote pairings you have setup. To re-pair your remote to your Sky Q box, follow our help guide.
Resetting the hard drive will also reset:
- Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control.
- Preferences, such as auto-play and standby mode.
- Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, including LNB type
and wireless connectivity.
- Accessibility settings, such as contrast and audio description or
subtitle settings Account info for Sky Q TV apps, such as Netflix.
Once the box has restarted, check you can set and play back recordings. It may take up to five minutes for all features to work.
If after this you're still experiencing issues, you may have to book an engineer visit online.