Sky Q High Dynamic Range (HDR)
We're taking another big step in our ongoing commitment to bring you the best viewing experience. We are excited to be launching new High Dynamic Range (HDR) content, providing even better Ultra HD picture quality for our UHD and Q experience customers.
Brighter, clearer and sharper with Ultra HD-HDR. For modern TVs this allows for more realistic images, full of impact, creating an in-home viewing experience just as the content creators intended.
Get ready for even more Sky Originals in HDR coming up in 2021
What’s already been released and what’s coming up in HDR in 2021:
- Breeders S2 (Sky One) – Available 27/05
- Bloods (Sky One) – Available Now
- Intelligence S2 (Sky One) – Available 08/06
- Domina (Sky Atlantic) – Available 14/05
- ALOTO: Loch Ness to London (Sky One) – Available Now
- Intergalactic (Sky One) – Available Now
You can now enjoy up to 100 movies in HDR on Sky Cinema, including:
- The Secret Garden (2020).
- Trolls 2: World Tour (2020).
- Dolittle (2020).
- Emma (2020).
- To Olivia (Available now)
- SAS: Red Notice (Available 12 March 2021)
- Unhinged (Available 23 April 2021)
- Tenet (Available 7 May 2021)
Get closer to Nature than ever before with HDR
As part of the latest Sky Nature channel launch we are excited to reveal the new on demand HDR shows: A Bee's Diary, After The Wildfires, America's Wild Border, Kingdom Of The Tide.
You will be able to search for these shows or find them in the Ultra HD rails and sections within Sky Q Home and On Demand.
How do I watch in HDR?
HDR capable content will now be signposted with a “HDR” icon so you can find it easily.
All you need to watch Sky Q in HDR is:
- A HDR HLG compatible TV.
- The HD & Ultra HD or Q experience subscription*.
- A HDR capable Sky Q box**. Not sure if your box is HDR-ready? Use this guide to check.
*Required to watch Sky and Netflix shows in HDR. Not required to watch Disney+ in HDR.
**The picture resolution has to be set up at 2160p UHD, 10-bit : Settings > Setup > Audio visual > Picture resolution.
How do I upgrade to a HDR compatible box?
If you have Box model 32B0xx you can upgrade to our latest Sky Q 2TB box by visiting the Shop section within the My account area on your Sky Q box.
If you don't have this model but you're wanting to upgrade your box, you should head to sky.com/shop to see the latest offers. Set up fees apply.