Using Sky Q with sight loss
Finding what to watch on telly when you’re blind or visually impaired can be difficult, but with Sky Q, it’s now much easier.
Voice Guidance is Sky Q's screen reader. If you have a visual impairment, it speaks out items on the screen to help you navigate Sky Q with the remote.
Learn how to use Voice Guidance.
It might be easier to see what's on the screen if you switch on High contrast. To do this:
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings
- Select Accessibility, then High contrast and change the settings from Off to On
- Press Dismiss to return to live TV
With Voice Control, you can:
- Change the channel.
- Navigate through your settings.
- Turn audio description on and off.
- Play recordings.
- Play, pause, rewind or fast forward shows, and more.
Simply press and hold the voice button on the front or side of your Sky Q remote and speak your command into the microphone. Read our Using text search and voice control on your Sky Q box guide for more info and the full list of Voice Commands.
Sorry, Voice Control isn’t currently available on the Sky Q Accessibility remote.
Sky Go app
The Sky Go app for iOS, iPad OS and Android was created with usability in mind, and:
- Works with the VoiceOver (Apple) and TalkBack (Android) screen readers
- Makes text bigger (you can choose a font size in your device's accessibility settings)
- Supports any high contrast settings you've chosen on your device
- Works with Zoom (Apple) and Magnifier (Android)
Using the app, you can browse the TV guide and on demand content, set shows to record or download to your Sky Q box, watch live TV, and browse and watch your recordings.
To browse your recordings on Sky Go, you need to be on the same WiFi network as your Sky Q box, and have a Sky Q Experience or Multiscreen subscription.
For more information see Sky Go Accessibility.