If you’re having trouble making a Sky Store purchase through your Sky box, try these three steps:
1. Make sure your Sky box is connected to the internet:
To make the most of Buy & Keep, you'll need to connect your Sky box to your broadband router.
If your Sky box is connected to the internet, it may be a wider issue with your broadband. Please sign into My Broadband if you're a Sky Broadband customer so we can run some tests on your connection, or follow our broadband diagnostic.
Want to run our tests but not a Sky Broadband customer? Explore the latest Sky Broadband offers.
2. Check your Sky box is compatible:
Please note: all Sky Q boxes are compatible with Sky Store Buy & Keep.
To find out if your Sky+HD box is compatible:
- Select services on your Sky remote.
- Highlight Settings and press select.
- Use the arrow buttons to highlight System Details and if your Sky box version number begins with 4F31 then it’s Sky Store compatible.
If your Sky+HD box isn't compatible with Buy & Keep, you can upgrade it by visiting the Sky Shop.
3. Reset your viewing card:
For compatible Sky+HD boxes only, try resetting your viewing card:
- Switch off your Sky box by pressing the standby button on your Sky remote.
- Turn your Sky box off at the mains and check the power light on the box is off.
- Locate your viewing card and remove it from the slot. Check for any damage. Don't worry if you see a brown/yellow mark on the card. This is normal and won't affect the performance of the card.
- With the viewing card removed, switch your Sky box back on at the
mains and wait for the power lights to come back on.
- Leave your Sky box on standby for at least three minutes.
Then press sky on your Sky remote and choose a Sky channel, like
- It can take a few minutes for features to start working again.
- When prompted, re-insert your Sky viewing card into your Sky box, making sure the Sky logo is facing up and the card chip is facing down. After a few moments the Sky channel will reappear.
If you’re still having problems, please contact us.