Problems accessing your Sky.com Mail from your email app
We've made some changes to the way that you access Sky Yahoo Mail through email apps.
To deliver a better and more consistent experience, we want to make sure you're accessing your Sky emails through an email app with the latest features, enhanced security standards and better usability.
If you're using an older email app on your mobile, tablet or computer, we recommend you update to the latest version. If that's not possible, instead of your usual email password, you'll need to generate a unique app password by following the steps below.
You can still sign in and access your emails through sky.com at any time with your email password.
Recommended email apps
- Apple Mail on iOS 9.0 or later
- Apple Mail on macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later
- Gmail on Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
- Outlook for iOS and Android
- Windows 10 Mail
Out-of-date email apps
- Apple Mail on iOS 8 or earlier
- Apple Mail on macOS 10.10 or earlier
- Outlook 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Outlook 365 (Windows)
- Windows Live Mail
What you need to do
- Check what app version you're using - see instructions for your email app below.
- If you're using:
- A recommended email app - you don't need to do anything. Your emails should continue to work like normal.
- An out-of-date email app - either:
- Update to a recommended email app; or
- Instead of your usual email password, generate an app password.