- You'll need to know your moving date and new address, including postcode. You'll also need to have cleared any outstanding balance on your account.
- Even if there’s already a Sky dish installed at your new home, it isn’t possible to set up Sky Q yourself, so you’ll need to arrange an engineer visit.
- An up-front one-off payment of £35 is required to install Sky TV on a weekday. For weekend visits, it's £50.
- If you're moving to a flat, check whether your new building’s Sky Q ready. Don't worry if it isn't, it only takes a small system update to change that. Leave us your details - we'll send you helpful information and keep you updated on our progress.
- Your broadband must be active before your Sky Q installation takes place.
Benefits of an engineer visit
- All completed work is covered by a 90-day warranty, with peace of mind that you have an expertly-installed system.
- They’ll re-use any existing dish and cables, or replace them (if needed), at no extra charge.
About engineer visits
- Someone aged 18 or over who's authorised to make decisions must be home during the visit. Without them, the engineer won’t enter the property. Whoever’s in may be asked to approve minor work, including drilling through walls and deciding the location of your dish and cabling.
- For health and safety reasons, we're unable to carry out installations if there’s scaffolding on your property, and may not be able to if your property has cladded walls.
- Sky engineers are insured and trained for working in lofts, but they'll decide on the day of the installation if it's safe to work there.
- If the property’s dish and cabling have been pre-installed, you’ll need to contact the company responsible for the system's maintenance for any work required on the cabling or dish. Your warranty will also only be available on your Sky Q box.
- You'll need to get any permission needed for us to install your dish. If you don’t, your landlord or council might ask you to remove it.
- If the building is listed or within a conservation area, you might need planning permission from the local planning authority. Any alterations may be subject to special conditions, such as the use of certain materials.
- If you’re moving to a flat, you might need permission from the owner or responsible committee. We offer tailored services for owners/committees who wish to offer Sky to their tenants.
- If you’d like to watch Sky on more than one TV, you’ll need a Sky Q box, a Sky Q Multiscreen subscription and a Sky Q Mini box for each room you’d like to watch TV in. To watch Sky on the Sky Q app, you'll need a Sky Multiscreen subscription. The number of devices you can watch Sky on depends on which Sky Q box you have. Please note: If your Sky Q Mini boxes arrive before your scheduled engineer visit, it might not be possible for the engineer to set these up during your time slot. You can install these yourself by following our guide.
- If you already have Sky Q Multiscreen as part of your subscription, we'll set up any additional boxes during your installation. Please note: multiple visits might be required.
These devices allow you to control your Sky box from a second room. Please note: Sky Q doesn’t support tvLink and we no longer install these devices.
If you have one, you can set it up yourself or arrange for an independent engineer to do it for you.
Booking your Home Move
When you tell us you're moving, we'll ask:
- How many floors your new home has or the floor it's on (if it's a flat), and whether your dish needs to be installed more than two floors high.
- If there are any access or parking restrictions.
- Whether you'd like to make any changes to your package.
Once you’ve agreed your installation date, you can ask for a morning (8am – 1pm) or afternoon (12pm – 5pm) appointment, depending on engineer availability.
If you're moving to a flat, a communal installation can take a full day (8am – 5pm), so please keep this in mind when agreeing your installation date. We might also ask you if your new home is within a multi-tenant block with or without dishes in open view.
If you're also a Sky Mobile customer, we'll just need your new address.
Billing during your Home Move
- Your Sky TV service is continuous and won’t stop when you unplug your Sky box, so you can enjoy Sky TV on the Sky Q app throughout your move. You’ll need to connect to the internet using 3G/4G (data charges may apply) or Wi-Fi. Your billing amount and the way you’re charged will stay the same.
- If you're also a Sky Mobile customer, this service is also continuous and won't stop when you move home.
Your Sky contract
- If you’re moving with the same products and services, your contract and existing terms and conditions will still apply.
- If you take any additional products or services, such as Sky Q Multiscreen, Sky Fibre and/or Sky Mobile, a new minimum term may be attached.