Sky Q and Sky+HD boxes automatically update in the background, so you should only need to manually update the software if your box has been disconnected for a long period of time.
- Sky+HD box
Watch our help video or follow the instructions below.
- Switch off and unplug your Sky+HD box and any other connected devices, such as your TV, from the mains.
- Check the power light on the front of your Sky+HD box and connected devices are off.
- Press and hold the backup button on the front panel of your Sky+HD box.
Switch your Sky+HD box back on at the mains while still holding down the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel of your Sky+HD box.
- Release the backup button. Your Sky box is now in download mode. If all four lights haven't appeared after 30 seconds, repeat the steps above. If all four lights still haven't appeared, there may be a fault with your Sky+HD box and you’ll need to contact us.
- If you see four lights, reconnect the other connected devices and switch them back on.
- You may see the on screen message Updating System Software on your TV.
- The software download takes up to 10 minutes and once the download is finished, your Sky+HD box will switch to standby.
- After at least three minutes, press sky on your Sky remote to switch your Sky+HD box back on.
- Sky Q 1TB box, Sky Q 2TB box and Sky Q Mini boxes
From your Home screen, go to Settings, then Status and make sure Satellite signal has a tick. If you’re using a Sky Q Mini box, go to Settings, then Status and make sure Connection to Sky Q box has a tick.
- Go to Settings, System info and highlight Software version.
- Choose Setup and then select Software download.
- Your box will start to download the latest software which can take up to ten minutes.
- To check the status of the software download, go to Settings, System info and highlight Software version . When it says “Software update successful” press the standby button on your remote.
When your box restarts, follow the on screen messages. You’ll then be on the latest software version.
- You see the message "To update the software on your Sky box, please go to Sky.com/softwareupdate and follow the instructions.”
If you get this message on your Sky Q Mini box, please contact us.