Watch our help video or follow the instructions below.
It should take between five and ten minutes to download the software. Do not turn off your Sky box or try to watch Sky TV during this time.
- Switch off and unplug your Sky+HD box and any other connected devices, such as your TV, from the mains.
- Check the power light on the front of your Sky+HD box and connected devices are off.
- Press and hold the backup button on the front panel of your Sky+HD box.
- Switch your Sky+HD box back on at the mains while still holding down the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel of your Sky+HD box.
- Release the backup button. Your Sky box is now in download mode. If all four lights haven't appeared after 30 seconds, repeat the steps above. If all four lights still haven't appeared, there may be a fault with your Sky+HD box and you’ll need to contact us.
- If you see four lights, reconnect the other connected devices and switch them back on.
- You may see the on screen message Updating System Software on your TV.
- The software download takes up to 10 minutes and once the download is finished, your Sky+HD box will switch to standby.
- After at least three minutes, press sky on your Sky remote to switch your Sky+HD box back on.