Keeping you safe during new Broadband & Talk installation
We continue to adapt to help our customers as best and safely as possible in line with the recently updated government Covid-19 guidelines.
So, what does this mean for you?
If you have an engineer booked to install your new line, then Openreach will call you before your visit to make sure it is safe for the visit to go ahead. It’ll cover:
- Making sure there's a clear pathway for the engineer to access the master socket.
- During the visit you'll need to make sure:
- You can keep a safe distance of two metres from the engineer at all times.
- There's good ventilation by opening windows and doors.
- The Openreach engineer will wear a face mask to keep both them and you safe. This is only as a precaution and nothing to be alarmed about.
When to reschedule your visit
You'll need to get in touch to reschedule your visit if you or someone in your household:
- has any of the Covid-19 symptoms,
- is self-isolating or has been recently diagnosed with Covid-19,
- is waiting for a Covid-19 test result
- has recently returned from a country on the quarantine list
Please watch this short video for more information: openreach.co.uk/coronavirusengineervisit.
Setting up your broadband
Your broadband won’t work until it’s been activated, if you have a telephone socket please set up your Sky Hub ahead of your activation day. set up your Sky hub.
Remember: Not all setups are the same, so make sure you check the setup guide that comes with your hub to get up and running without a hitch.