Check the activation date on the packaging and don't try the self setup before this date.
For best speeds and stability, connect your Sky Q Hub to your master phone socket.
Installing a Sky Q Hub
- Unplug everything from your master phone socket and plug the master microfilter directly into it.
- Plug the purple end of the grey DSL cable into the purple port of your master microfilter.
- Plug any phone or splitter back into the microfilter port marked Phone.
- Plug the other purple end of the grey DSL cable into the purple port of your Sky Q Hub.
- Plug the blue end of the black power cable into the blue port of your Sky Q Hub. Plug the other end directly into the power socket (not an extension block, this reduces performance).
Once on it will take the Sky Q Hub up to two minutes until it's ready, signalled by three green lights on the front.
Connecting Sky Q boxes to the Sky Q HubOn your Sky Q box go to your Home screen, select Settings, then Setup, followed by Network. Select Reset and, when prompted, Confirm. Then follow the on screen instructions to connect to your Sky Q Hub.
Then, if you have Sky Q Mini boxes:
On each Sky Q Mini box go to your Home screen, select Settings, then Setup, followed by Network. Select Reset and, when prompted, Confirm. Then follow the on screen instructions to connect your Sky Q Mini box to your Sky Q box.
Make sure that's worked by checking you can watch TV on the Sky Q Mini box.
If you can't and you use Sky Q Boosters, reset each one to connect it to your new Sky Q Hub.
- Reset your Sky Q BoosterReset your Booster by pressing and holding the reset button on the back for ten seconds until the power light flashes green.
After it restarts wait for the wireless light to turn solid green, then press the WPS button on your Sky Q box for three seconds. The WPS button will begin to flash amber. Within two minutes, press and hold WPS on your Sky Q booster for three seconds.
After a short wait, the connected light will turn green.
If you use a Sky Q Booster to connect your Sky Q box to any Sky Q Mini boxes press the WPS button on your Sky Q Mini box for three seconds. The button will flash amber. Then press the WPS button on your Sky Q Booster within two minutes to establish a connection.