Terms & Conditions (Supported Individuals)
Sky Cares Telephone Befriending Service
Telephone Befriending Service (the “Programme”)
- We will try to support you in whatever way we can. However, we must remind you this is a friendship call and so volunteers are only able to support you with one friendly chat per week. The service is free and you can opt out at any point, you will be listened to throughout.
- The chats can be scheduled at a time that is suitable for both you and your volunteer. If you have to cancel, we will try our best to reschedule in the same week. However, we can't guarantee this. If your volunteer has to cancel the call, we will notify you.
- Our volunteers can direct you to relevant services that can provide you with additional guidance. However, when doing so, they will not be able to share any of your personal details on your behalf. We will work within the service boundaries. We are unable to give medical/legal advice and can't discuss Sky account.
Your Contact with Sky Volunteers
- You agree to:
a. Not give or accept gifts, gratuities or bequests from your volunteer telephone friend or their friends and family.
b. Not visit your telephone friend or exchange personal details including your telephone number and postal or email address.
c. Not to contact your telephone friend through any method of communication other than the telephone calls made through the Programme. This includes social media.
d. Not use inappropriate language or behaviour including discrimination and always be respectful.
- Any data that you provide to us will only be used for the purposes of facilitating the Programme.
- We won't pass your details on to any other organisations unless there is a legal requirement to do so, or there appears to be a significant risk to your safety or that of others.
- Your volunteer has an obligation to protect your privacy and will only share details of your conversation with the Befriending Support Team or their manager if they feel it is necessary.
- We will ensure we do not link any of the information you share with us as part of the Programme to your Sky customer account, should you have one. Your conversations with your volunteer are separate to any conversations you have with a Sky advisor regarding your Sky package.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, Sky and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the your participation in the Programme; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the Programme beyond Sky’s control.
- Any form of discrimination, harassment, victimisation, abuse or aggression is not tolerated.
- Sky reserve the right to end your participation in the Programme should you breach these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion.
Sky: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.